EF Education First
EF International Language Campuses - Entry Level - On-site - Part-Time
Miami, United States
Do you want to expand your experience working within an international environment? Do you enjoy working with young people and putting the WOW factor into culturally enriching and entertaining events? If so, this role is for you!
EF Education First’s mission is “Opening the world through education.”
Candidates need to have positive energy, good organizational skills, team spirit, leadership skills, communication skills, and a strong aptitude for creativity and FUN. The position requires great flexibility and entails wearing many hats. At EF we go the extra mile for all our students!
Community development is important in this position, and the Activity Leader should have a strong desire to provide support to the student body and to help make our international students feel at home here on campus and in Miami Beach. This is a dynamic position that requires the Activity Leader to create, produce, and lead fun activities and excursions for our international students from all around the world. From organizing student parties and sports tournaments to leading day trips and weekend excursions, this is a high-energy, non-stop kind of job that is as rewarding and fun as it is challenging.
The hours can be during the day, evening, and weekend so flexibility is a must.
- Help plan, organize, and lead a full schedule of activities, field trips, and excursions.
- Assist with desk coverage and booking of tours and activities.
- Liaising with other vendors & external contacts to ensure smooth execution of activities.
- Assist with the promotion of activities by word-of-mouth, creating flyers and postings in the EF app.
- Brainstorming of continuous improvement of the activities planning and execution.
- Work as a team member to ensure the students create wonderful memories and enjoy WOW moments during their stay.
- Work effectively within a team to deliver excellence in customer experience.
- Always ensure the safety and well-being of students.
- Enthusiastic, confident, and energetic.
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and punctual.
- Ability to work under pressure and able to use own initiative.
- Maintains a balance between professionalism and fun.
- Comfortable leading activities, social events, sports activities, and excursions for groups of up to 40 students.
- Knowledge of the local area is preferred.
$15 / hour
What will you take away?
This would be the perfect job to boost your CV by gaining management experience while working in an international environment and for a well-known global organization!
As an activity leader, you will work primarily with students who do not speak English as their first language, thus enhancing your communication skills, leadership skills, and organizational skills. After an EF experience, you will leave having created great memories for you and your students and potentially kickstart your international career with EF.
In our company, we all have a ‘going above and beyond, never settling for the status quo’ mindset. If you think the same and want to be the person who makes a difference for our students, then don’t hesitate, and apply!
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.