Live-In Residence Advisor
EF Education First
Live-In Residence Advisor
Are you looking to progress in your career, whilst gaining experience within a truly global organisation? Are you ready to take on the responsibility of ensuring the welfare of international students, helping them feel at home while studying in the UK? If so, help open the world through education as a Residence Assistant at EF International Language Campus Brighton. This position is live in, so accommodation is provided for free.
EF’s mission is opening the world through education.
A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large international organisation, with the spirit and energy of a small business. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative, and motivated people who are excited by education, communication, and travel.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries. In the UK and Ireland, our core presence is felt at our international language campuses and summer schools, where we welcome students from around the world to participate in language learning and cultural exchange. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and encourage you to open the world through education.
EF Brighton has an exciting opportunity to support the Residence Team and ensuring our international students are well cared for and a safe, comfortable home from home environment is maintained at all times. This is an ideal role for anyone passionate about customer service, motivated by working with international students and with a strong ability to work independently and take ownership of situations.
· Checking that rooms are ready, clean and available for arriving students
· Meeting & greeting new students on arrival
· Assisting with checking in & taking students to rooms
· Informing arriving students about rules and fines (community standards)
· Regularly checking rooms to ensure facilities are in good condition & being well maintained & cleaned
· Curfew checks for U18’s
· Ensuring that reported maintenance issues are dealt with efficiently by residence staff
· Assisting students with problems
· Ensuring that residence rules are being adhered to and report all issues to residence manager
· Liaising with Staff responsible about any issues or problems
· Liaising with the Residence Staff, organising and partaking in weekly activities
· Run activities at the residence
· Reminding departing students of leaving date & procedures
· Given the on call nature of the position, a flexible, hands-on approach to nature & hours of work undertaken is essential
· Highly motivated, energetic, positive
· Customer service orientated, friendly & approachable manner
· Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
· Sensitive to needs of international students living away from home
· Excellent communicator with students, colleagues, and external clients
· Attention to detail, organised & thorough
· Clean DBS check and two references required
· Right to work in the UK
Why you will love EF Brighton
· Continuous professional development for all staff
· Work in a truly international environment
· Regular social events
· Ambition is nurtured and fast-tracked career enhancement opportunities are provided
· Staff are encouraged to innovate, take ownership of their ideas and bring them to fruition
· Global career opportunities
· Employee Assistance Program
· External trainings on safeguarding and mental health first aid
· Two minutes away from Brighton beach
· Warm and friendly working environment
· Free accommodation
‘‘Able to meet and work with a large number of interesting people from different cultures’’
‘‘I worked with some amazing people at EF and made friends for life’’
“I really appreciated being given the responsibility of looking after students while they were in a different country far from home.”
‘’You are encouraged to take on as many challenges as possible, which helps you progress as a professional.’’
‘’Excellence in customer service - lovely staff and good training.’’
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.