Summer Residence Coordinator
EF Education First
Summer Residence Coordinator
Full Time/Fixed Term
Are you looking to progress in your career, whilst gaining experience within a truly global organisation? Are you ready to take on the responsibility of ensuring the welfare of our international students and helping them feel at home while in the UK? If so, challenge yourself this summer by working with EF Education First Language Campus in Brighton!
EF Education First’s mission is opening the world through education.
A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large international organisation, with the spirit and energy of a small business. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative, and motivated people who are excited by education, communication, and travel.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries. In the UK and Ireland, our core presence is felt at our international language campuses and summer schools, where we welcome students from around the world to participate in language learning and cultural exchange. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and encourage you to open the world through education.
EF Brighton has an exciting opportunity to support the Summer Residence Team, ensuring our international students are well cared for and that a safe and comfortable living environment is maintained at all times. This is an ideal role for anyone who is passionate about customer service, working with international students and with a strong ability to work independently and take ownership of situations.
· Ensures the smooth running of the student residences
· To ensure the residences provide a comfortable, safe living environment
· To maintain EF policies, accreditation criteria and Golden Rules
· To provide the highest level of customer service at all times
· To help maintain ‘one team’, where the different departments liaise and interact effectively and efficiently
· Allocates new bookings to residential accommodation on Elektra within EF’s Golden Rules
· Sends correct residence information to sales offices in timely manner
· Assists customers with residence queries, ensuring prompt follow up and excellent customer service
· Liaises with external suppliers where cleaning/maintenance issues are reported
· Completes weekly occupancy statistics
· Ensures the Residence Manager is informed about residence availability.
· Ensures allocation information sent to residence suppliers is accurate and on time
· Prepares arrival & departure documents and provides keys for all arrivals
· Follows up any disciplinary issues together with the Residence Manager and ensures sanctions are applied in line with EF’s residence rules and regulations
· Liaises with welfare team regarding any issues reported for residential students
· Assists with the training and supervision of temporary staff/interns
· Participates in student intakes and first week chats
· Arranges residence feedback questionnaires
· Full-time, 6 days a week.
· Shares emergency duty on a rota basis
· Reporting to the Residence Manager
· Must be a team player that can lead from the front, be outgoing and have great attention to detail
· You should be passionate about customer service and providing quality
· Ability to work under pressure and in a high paced environment
· Legally able to work in the UK, have a UK/Irish passport or a work permit
· Fluent in English
· In terms of mindset, we all have a ‘going above and beyond, never settling for the status quo' mentality. If you think the same way and want to be the person who makes a difference for our students and staff, then don’t hesitate and apply!
Why you will love EF Brighton
· Continuous professional development for all staff
· Work in a truly international environment
· Regular social events
· Ambition is nurtured and fast-tracked career enhancement opportunities are provided
· Staff are encouraged to innovate, take ownership of their ideas and bring them to fruition
· Global career opportunities
· Employee Assistance Program
· External trainings on safeguarding, First aid and Fire Warden
· Two minutes away from Brighton beach
· Warm and friendly working environment
· Subsidised accommodation provided if necessary
What do our staff say?
“I love being exposed to different cultures and I get to practice other languages.”
“There is never a boring day.”
“I like all the staff and we work as a team. I also like the diversity we have within the school – both students and staff.”
“It’s a pleasure to come to work so I can see my amazing colleagues and students from around the world.”
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.