Course Leader Norwegian speaking
EF Education First
A journey from the unfamiliar to the unforgettable!
As a Course Leader you will travel abroad with your own group of students during summer 2022 and trips last from two to four weeks depending on the course and the destination. You will have to be available for the students whenever they need you. Together you will do lots of different activities, dance at discos, play football or just hang out at the beach. You will work in an international environment where you meet people from all over the world. The students are between 12-18 years old and they study English, Spanish, German, French, Korean or Japanese. Even though there are lots of fun activities and excursions planned for the students, YOU will make a great impact on the students’ experience by being a great leader!
Course Leader duties
- Travel together with the students from Norway to/from the destination (UK, Malta, USA, Spain, France, Japan or Korea.
- Work as part of an international team – during the trip you will report to the local management team and together with colleagues from the local team and other Course Leaders you will look after an international group of students.
- Be available for your students 24/7. There may be situations where you need to make quick decisions as a leader.
- Welfare & support. Ensuring that your students are safe, happy, and integrated in the group and the programme.
- Ensuring the students are following the EF rules which they all have read and signed. Participate in different group meetings with other staff at the destination. Work late hours, for example at the discos.
- Monitoring daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork
- On-going promotion of activities and encouragement of student participation by leading by example and researching the options available.
- Attending leader meetings and participating in the duty rotas when required
Who are we looking for?
The ideal leader is:
- Fluent Norwegian speaker (native or C2 level)
- Fluent in English and the language spoken in the destination course country (German, Spanish, French, Korean or Japanese).
- Responsible and flexible with strong problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader
- Passionate about working with young people
- Experienced in travelling, studying, or living abroad
- Experience of working with young people (example teacher, scout leader, sports coach).
Who are we?
At EF Education First, we are globetrotters, innovators, thinkers, and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to criminal background checks and character reference checks. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.