Traveler Support Specialist
EF Education First
Start date: January 16, 2024
Location: Denver, CO
Join us at EF Educational Tours as we revolutionize the educational travel industry and transform students into the next generation of global citizens. As a Traveler Support Specialist for EF Educational Tours, you are the primary resource for parents as they navigate the process of sending their middle and high school students abroad. You will handle all aspects of the customer life cycle, by providing our travelers and their parents with information from initial tour enrollment, to preparing for departure, right up to the tour itself. This phone-based role will allow you to combine your sales instincts and outstanding customer service skills to ensure that families have everything they need for a successful tour planning experience. Our fast-paced work environment pushes you to learn quickly, adapt often and juggle multiple priorities at once. Your energy, passion and commitment will drive you to provide each family with a beautiful customer experience.
In addition to sharpening your sales abilities, communication techniques and problem- solving skills, you’re also part of the most central customer-facing role within Educational Tours. Joining the Traveler Support Team comes with comprehensive training, on-the-job coaching and individualized professional development. You will also engage in regular collaboration with peers and managers from many other departments, giving you opportunities to build a strong internal network. In this role you will develop a well-rounded, transferable skill set and have the chance to drive your professional growth doing what you do best.
We'll be counting on you to:
- Clearly and concisely command inbound phone, online chat & email communication
- Work across time zones with sales and operations teams to anticipate and quickly resolve problems on behalf of customers
- Develop and implement personal and regional sales strategies to push the business forward
- Recognize great customer service and strive to provide it each day
- Manage and resolve multiple high-priority responsibilities on a daily basis
- Be willing to enthusiastically take on new projects at any time
- Collaborate within regional teams to perform day-to-day account maintenance to ensure a beautiful customer experience
*Please note this role consists of 5-6 hours/day speaking directly with customers*
Who You Are
People from all different backgrounds have thrived in this role. What they have in common is that they are:
- A determined self-starter who is a positive force to be reckoned with
- Excellent with time management and can quickly and correctly move through tasks
- Resourceful and can find any answer and push through any obstacle
- A polished communicator who enjoys talking to people
- Undaunted by conflict and are able to resolve it head on
- Skilled at problem-solving and multi-tasking with an eye for detail
- Eager to be part of a team that motivates, inspires and challenges you
- Adaptable in times of change or when things may not go as planned
- Always going above and beyond – it is the only way to do things
- A lifelong learner who believes in the power of experiential education
Speaking of the power of experiences, please note that a college degree is not required for this role.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Work in our downtown office where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run affinity groups, community groups and clubs. You can also expect:
- Paid international travel at least once a year (more as you grow with us)
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Four weeks paid vacation your first year and nine paid holidays (plus 2 floating holidays)
- 25% company match on your 401(k) contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of work from home per week
- Compensation: $45,000 salary your first year, plus bonus eligibility
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.