Host Family Visitor
EF Education First
Help open the world through education, by recruiting host families to accommodate international students. EF is looking for friendly, outgoing and ambitious people to join its host family recruitment team at EF Malta. on a zero-hour basis.
EF Education First’s mission is opening the world through education.
A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large international organisation, with the spirit and energy of a small business. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative, and motivated people who are excited by education, communication, and travel.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries. In Malta, our core presence is felt at our international language campuses and summer schools, where we welcome students from around the world to participate in language learning and cultural exchange. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and encourage you to open the world through education.
Reporting directly to the Homestay Manager, the selected applicant will be responsible for visiting new and returning host families to complete paper work and answer any potential questions. Then the documents will be uploaded to our system by the host family visitor. Position involves working evenings and weekends occasionally. Having a driving license is a must for this role.
- Visiting host families and completing paperwork (a strong focus on compliance)
- Participating in EF events
- Following up with newly collected paperwork and entering them into a database
- Keeping database up-to-date
- Highly motivated, energetic and positive with a sociable and outgoing personality
- Friendly and approachable manner, not afraid to speak to strangers
- Highly organised and thorough, able to use initiative and work unsupervised
- Excellent communicator with external clients such as host families, students, and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills
- A flexible approach to work and hours of work undertaken is essential
- Have the right to live and work in Malta
- Complete fluency in English
- All offers are subject to a clear Police conduct check and references
What do our staff say?
“I love being exposed to different cultures and I get to practice other languages.”
“I like all the staff and we work as a team. I also like the diversity we have within the school – both students and staff.”
‘’You are encouraged to take on as many challenges as possible, which helps you progress as a professional.’’
‘’It was a life changing and fun experience which gave me lots of confidence.’’
‘’Excellence in customer service - lovely staff and good training.’’
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.