Transportation Coordinator (Summer)
EF Education First
Transportation Coordinator (Summer)
Full Time/Fixed Term (May-August)
Are you a master of logistics with a knack for seamless planning? As Transportation Coordinator, you'll take the helm in crafting safe, efficient, and budget-friendly transportation solutions for students at our Language Campuses across the UK & Ireland.
EF Education First’s mission is opening the world through education.
A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large international organisation, with the spirit and energy of a small business. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative, and motivated people who are excited by education, communication, and travel.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries. In the UK and Ireland, our core presence is felt at our international language campuses and summer schools, where we welcome students from around the world to participate in language learning and cultural exchange. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and encourage you to open the world through education.
As Summer Transportation Coordinator you will be responsible for producing safe, seamless and cost- effective transportation solutions to our customers studying in our schools and Language Centres in the UK & Ireland.
You will work closely with our local suppliers and campuses, as well as our sales offices and flight departments across the world and head office in Switzerland. The successful candidate should possess exceptional communication skills and strong attention to detail. You are also a deadline driven and self-motivated problem solver with entrepreneurial spirit who likes challenges and believes “nothing is impossible”.
This is a full time and fixed term position running from May until late August 2024, with potential for full time permanent employment upon completion of contract.
- Maintain and develop relationships with local suppliers in UK & Ireland
- Manage “Meet & Greet” staff at UK & Ireland border entry points
- Plan, consolidate and book cost-effective transportation solutions for students arriving and departing to/from our UK/ Irish schools
- Develop and improve the overall customer experience of arrival and transportation services
- Emergency phone duties during peak period (July – August)
- Assist with financial & quality analysis
- Experience working for Tour Operator, Coach Operator or for Operations in Education industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate or Advanced level of Excel
- Strong communication skills
- An analytical mind set and excellent problem-solving skills
- Capacity of working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Capable of using own initiative and being decisive
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Fluency in English
Why you will love EF London
- Continuous professional development for all staff
- Work in a truly international environment
- Regular social events
- Ambition is nurtured and fast-tracked career enhancement opportunities are provided
- Staff are encouraged to innovate, take ownership of their ideas and bring them to fruition
- Global career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- External trainings on safeguarding and mental health first aid
- Work in a modern workplace located in the heart of Chelsea
- Subsidised café, free gym and open bar on Thursdays
What do our staff say?
‘’You are encouraged to take on as many challenges as possible, which helps you progress as a professional.’’
‘’I enjoyed the opportunity to forge my skills, develop my career and learn from some really talented people.’’
‘’Excellence in customer service - lovely staff and good training.’’
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.