EF Education First
EF International Language Campus in Cambridge is looking for a Marketing and Accounting Teacher for the University Foundation Year. This would involve teaching 6 hours 40 minutes per week. The Foundation Year prepares international students for university and is structured around AS and A level course material. Teaching hours per week vary, depending on the subject and the term. We offer opportunities for teaching around the globe and great opportunities for professional development including sponsorship for extending teaching qualifications.
EF Education First’s mission is opening the world through education.
A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large international organisation, with the spirit and energy of a small business. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative, and motivated people who are excited by education, communication, and travel.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries. In the UK and Ireland, our core presence is felt at our international language campuses and summer schools, where we welcome students from around the world to participate in language learning and cultural exchange. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and encourage you to open the world through education.
EF ILC Cambridge, EF UP and EF Executive School have a vibrant and friendly working environment. Using our own blended learning system to teach EFL, Syllabus-Specific Content for UP, and Tailored Courses at the Executive School, you will have an opportunity to teach students from around the world. We have a very strong academic team of senior and new teachers. Through CPDs, observations and peer observations we ensure our staff gain the skills required to cater for all our student’s needs. The position is paid hourly and all terms are followed by an exam week with paid marking. Teachers are always free to pick some extra classes (if available) from other departments at EF Cambridge. Lessons will be delivered in person at our Cambridge Campus at Hills Road. A syllabus and materials will be provided.
The ideal UP teacher:
- A relevant university degree or equivalent
- Experience in the field of International Relations/Affairs
- Located close to Cambridge
- Flexible availability
- CELTA or equivalent is preferable but not essential
- Flexibility in teaching both General English and Specialist Modules.
- Teaching experience in a variety of settings;
- Passionate and professional
- Highly motivated, proactive, and positive, with a keen sense of initiative, who can take responsibility when necessary
- Keen interest in up-to-date teaching methodology and developments, with a strong desire to develop teaching skills and knowledge
- Able to encourage a positive and sharing attitude to both classroom and professional issues
- Sensitive to students’ academic & welfare needs
- We are particularly interested in applicants with a background in:
Marketing, Accounting and/or with a business grounding.
Why you will enjoy life at EF Cambridge
- Regular CPDs and opportunities for external training
- Strength Finder training
- Work in a truly international environment
- Regular social events
- Ambition is nurtured and fast-tracked career enhancement opportunities are provided
- Staff are encouraged to innovate, take ownership of their ideas and bring them to fruition
- Global career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- External trainings on safeguarding and mental health first aid
- Staff discounts at on site cafeteria
- Cultural and academic centre of UK
- Central location nearby train station
- Statutory Paid Holiday
‘Being able to use a great product really enables me to develop students and really see their progress over time’
‘Many opportunities for personal and (funded) professional development’
‘Able to meet, work with, train and develop a large number of interesting people from all walks of life’
‘I worked with some amazing people at EF and made friends for life’
‘Fantastic international students and good customer service’
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.