Associate Marketing Manager
EF Education First
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
EF Educational Tours (ET) and Explore America (EA), divisions of EF Education First, are seeking a driven, organized, and collaborative Associate Marketing Manager on the Marketing and Creative team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting the planning and delivery of integrated communications, marketing campaigns, and digital experiences that support Group Leaders, parents and students in preparation for their educational tour.
What you'll do
In this role, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that every interaction a customer has with EF is positive and aligns with their expectations. You will adapt a customer-first mindset, and draw on your communication and collaboration skills to work cross-functionally, to support in the creation of a seamless and enjoyable experience for customers in the planning and preparation phase of their journey. Additional responsibilities include:
- Drive end-to-end projects, facilitating collaborative, engaging, and productive creative brief processes, ensuring organized materials, clear and actionable deliverables, and optimized workflows.
- Support managers in coordinating marketing campaigns and programs, ensuring timely execution.
- Execute projects in high impact areas pre- and post-departure spaces that map to defined business goals, strategy, and roadmap.
- Develop relationships with relevant stakeholders across the products and proactively communicate project and program status and timing.
- Coordinate with departments across the business to align integrated customer communications across multiple channels including email, web, and print.
- Act as team liaison with our sales and service departments ensuring that our marketing efforts (both online and offline) are clearly communicated through the appropriate channels, while keeping a pulse on the conversations happening with our customers to ensure we are meeting their needs.
- Proactively communicate project status, report on progress, and compile performance data post-production. Adapt timelines and communicate expectations with business stakeholders as needed.
- Provide input for seasonal marketing plans, infusing innovation into work and bringing forward solutions to business challenges.
- Track, measure and report on areas of responsibility and identify areas of improvement
Who you are
You’re a smart, dynamic, and energetic marketer who is passionate about developing your skills, building strong relationships across the business, and understanding our product and translating that understanding into an optimal customer experience, furthering our mission of opening the world through education. You view no assignment as too big or too small and are a hands-on, team player who lives up to our value that “nothing is impossible”.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1-3 years relevant experience working in marketing
- Able to think strategically and execute tactically
- Solution-oriented and systems-focused, always thinking about how to solve a problem
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a proven ability to work under strict deadlines
- Strong project management skills and unmatched attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills, to include partnering across cross-functional teams
- Experience working with creative teams on creative development
- Bonus points for… Being driven and inspired by EF’s mission: opening the world through education
- Having an enthusiastic attitude and willingness to jump in and “get your hands dirty”
- Being naturally curious and love a good challenge
- Having the ability to confidently make decisions and generate ideas
- Being willing to ask for help and welcome feedback
- Previously marketed to educational audiences, including teachers, students and/or families
- Broad understanding of business-to-business and direct-to-consumer sales, CRM systems, and sales pipeline management
- Experience with web and/or email marketing a plus
- Proficient in Wrike, SharePoint, BrandFolder, Confluence and/or similar project management software
Who we are
The overall ET/EA Marketing and Creative team is made up of 45 staff: writers, designers, video editors, producers, photographers, web content developers, email and marketing automation, lead-generators, and more. We make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house. Customer-first and collaboration forward, the Marketing Strategy team leverages our deep understanding of the customer and the business to drive the strategies and solutions that get more students and teachers traveling.
Why you'll love working here
Work in our beautiful Cambridge, MA office, where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run DEIB Resource Groups and clubs. You can expect:
- Paid international travel at least once a year (more as you grow with us)
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of work-from-home flexibility work per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Four weeks paid vacation your first year and ten paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k) contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide. Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification or requirement. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and strongly encourage you to apply.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com