Trainee - Procurement -Greece
EF Education First
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Trainee – Procurement –Greece
At EF World Journeys, we believe that the best way to learn about the world is to experience it, and we strive to help as many people as possible share that experience. EF Go Ahead Tours and EF Ultimate Break are divisions of EF World Journeys and we make world travel easy. We want to empower travelers of all ages to get out there and experience something new on our guided tours. If you share this passion for opening the world, come work with us!
Our Procurement team is currently looking for an ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Greek speaking trainee to join the team. We are hiring a trainee to support our Procurement Specialists working with the region.
As a Procurement Trainee, you are supporting Procurement Specialists in ensuring that all World Journey products have high quality and cost-effective accommodation solutions, that are in line with each product’s identity. Your main business partners are hotels, hostels and night ferries. Your main business partners are hotels and hostels.
As a procurement trainee you are responsible for the daily communication with our business partners and with our other internal departments in the United States (Sales, Inventory, Market Development). Your main role is to assist the Team in ensuring an exceptional experience for our customers throughout their tour.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Daily support of Procurement Specialists with regard to suppliers confirmations, updates and special requests
- Securing bookings with our business partners
- Settling accounts with suppliers and supporting the accounts payable processes
- Researching and identifying new business partners
- Following up on quality control actions confirmed by Production and Procurement Specialists
- On tour support to both Tour Directors and business partners
- Collaborating with our Market Development team in the United States to help improve logistics and develop itineraries in our programs
- Strives to create a collaborative and dynamic environment on a day-to-day basis
- Shares information and identifies best practices openly with colleagues
- Puts the customer in the center and is service minded
- Looks for ways to improve and inspires colleagues to do the same
- Spreads positive energy and makes the workplace a fun environment
- Fluent in English and Greek
- University degree
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-driven and flexible. A quick learner and a proven problem solver
- Enjoys working with numbers and Microsoft Excel
- Similar work experience is a plus
- Able to analyze and question processes and strives to come up with creative ways of improving them. Think outside the box!
If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career in the largest private education company in the world, we want to hear from you!
- To be considered for this role, applicants must have a Schengen passport or the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
- This is a paid traineeship with a salary of CHF 40.000/yearly
- Start date ASAP and the Traineeship lasts until November 30th 2024
Why you will love working with us
People at EF make things happen. We encourage you to take full ownership of your work, regardless of your level or experience. EF team members often say we operate like the world’s largest startup because this boundless entrepreneurial spirit is built into our organization’s DNA.
EF offers a wide range of benefits ready for our team members to enjoy during weekends, after work and with friends & family, including:
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot-spots such as mt. Rigi or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Full reimbursement of the SBB ‘halb-tax’ travel card, covering country-wide public transportation.
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our variety of sports teams.
- Seasonal and monthly office events
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and EF products.
- 15% off in-house childcare service
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.