SDE 2 - Frontend
SDE II - Frontend
Who we are:
Elevate K-12 is a Series C funded, rapid growth stage start-up focused on solving the crisis-level teacher shortage in US K-12 schools changing the way classrooms work live, virtual instruction that gives students access to high quality, certified teachers who help them prepare for the world of the future! For our teacher community, we open new work opportunities proprietary platform and curriculum, enabling them to deliver live remote instruction across multiple subjects in elementary, middle, and high schools across the US. Our goal is to enable high quality live teaching for every learner in the U.S., from kindergarten through their first jobs, so they can receive the education they need to identify and pursue their unique passions in life. We are the new way to the classroom!
We live the mission of Elevate K-12, and we’re getting better each day, if all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
On the heels of a Series C funding led by General Catalyst, Elevate K-12 is enjoying strong business momentum, growing revenues at a 100% y-y, with plans to double again next year. To continue this momentum, we are investing in building out a strong product and technology function to power the next generation of solutions for students, teachers, and school/districts. The Elevate Software Engineering team, delivering cutting edge educational software at enterprise class scale and with consumer-grade experiences to deliver on our company mission.
In pursuit of this goal, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our technical team as we move from being a tech-enabled service to a tech product company. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems and providing excellent technical solutions. If you are passionate about joining a mission-driven, education technology company and creating the future of EdTech, then this role is for you!
Problems you’ll get to solve include:
- Engineer virtual delivery solutions that enable Elevate live instructors to deliver the most personalized, interactive, and engaging instruction to K-12 students across schools in the United States today, and globally tomorrow, enabling them to learn effectively and prepare for the future.
- Build unique solutions to allow teachers to teach from anywhere, on their own terms, and to rediscover their love for teaching.
- Develop solutions that enable schools and districts to bring interactive live platforms in a seamless manner into their educational systems, giving them the ability to not only solve the teacher shortage crisis, but also offer unique learning opportunities for their students.
- Construct analytics and AI solutions to tailor content, curriculum, and teaching approaches based on large-scale education delivery models.
- Lead requirement/task and guide junior software engineers in the development process.
- Design, develop and maintain user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
- Strong understanding of UI design principles and best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyse requirements, design solutions, and implement new features.
- Develop and implement unit tests and integration tests to ensure software quality.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers.
- Mentor junior software engineers and help them grow their technical skills.
- B.E/B.Tech/master’s in computer science (or equivalent).
- 4 - 7 years of experience
- Skilled with one of Frontend Technologies: Angular 10+/Flutter/React/Vue.
- Experience with state management libraries.
- Experience with UI testing frameworks such as Cypress or Playwright.
- Experience with responsive design and developing mobile-first user interfaces.
- Knowledge of UI accessibility guidelines and experience implementing accessibility features.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- General understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
- Understanding of development and operational support best practices.
Nice to have:
- Link to Freelanced Project or app in Google Store (Not college project) (Any language/app)
- Understanding of MS Technologies: NET CORE 5+, C#
- Understanding of Backend Technologies: AWS AppSync, GraphQL.
- GitHub Repository or Stackoverflow link.
- A track record of developing and refactoring an entire software feature and successfully deploying and maintaining it into production.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.