Regional Sales Director, East
Sales & Business Development
Remote · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2023
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest-growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 1,600 school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.This is where you come in:We are looking for a Regional Sales Director, East to join our revenue team. In this role, you will be responsible for achieving revenue success in a defined territory focused mostly on the East Coast. You will oversee the work of Regional Sales Managers and their direct reports made up of Account Managers (renewals and expansions) and Partner Development Managers (new business sales) to drive towards your regional sales goals.
You will work either out of our Boston office or remotely from a home office with easy access to a major airport. Travel Requirements: 30%.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding a team quota up to $18MM.
- Manage 1-3 Regional Sales Managers in a defined regional territory.
- Successfully coach managers to lead and develop their sales reps on sales tactics, presentation, and product knowledge.
- Build, recruit, and maintain staffing for the revenue team in conjunction with the VP.
- Work alongside the VP of Sales and Account Management to define territories and revenue strategy across a defined market.
- Analyze data on a weekly basis to inform strategy and make recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with our Marketing and/or our inside-sales Partner Development Associate teams to create strategy and create leads and sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of the Ellevation product.
- Oversee and enforce revenue team processes and procedures.
- Implement and manage regional sales forecasting and planning.
- Deeply understand regional product uses. Synthesize product and market feedback to revenue leadership.
Within 1 Month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for MLL’s.
- Gain an understanding of our products, their value, and how to technically demo to partners.
- Review our sales playbook and pricing structure.
- Meet and develop relationships with the East Region sales team.
- Learn about the East Region and develop a strategic territory plan.
- Become familiar with our business systems and sales enablement tools.
Within 3 Months, you will:
- Become proficient and able to independently present all Ellevation products to customers.
- Collaborated with your regional team to understand your region’s education policy, pricing nuances, and instructional initiatives.
- Worked with the Partner Success team on engagement strategy for states and districts.
- Support the Regional Sales Managers drive results.
- Independently tracked all sales activity in Salesforce and utilized other business systems.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Effectively build and execute against regional sales goals.
- Support RSMs manage and grow individual sales pipelines.
- Become an expert in your region on value proposition, policy, and product applications.
- Collaborate independently with other departments to drive sales results and work cross-functionally to support customer satisfaction.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Met or exceeded your sales quota for the year.
- Build deep relationships with RSMs and sales leaders.
- Created an ongoing pipeline to support your sales goals.
- Shared insights and helped shape sales strategy with sales leadership.
Location and Travel:
- You will work either out of our Boston office or remotely from a home office with easy access to a major airport. Travel Requirements: 30%.
- 5+ years experience successfully selling to the K-12 market. Strong track record of meeting and exceeding personal quotas selling technology.
- 2+ years experience successfully leading managers and supporting individuals to meet sales goals.
- Strong data analysis and Salesforce skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Solution-oriented problem-solver. Able to collaborate across teams.
- Must be able to conduct critical conversations and deliver consistent feedback.
- Able to lead and motivate others to achieve high performance.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,500 school districts and more than 2 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
+ Mission-driven organization where team members are empowered to make a significant impact
+ Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
+ Professional development and growth opportunities
+ Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
+ Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston - a stone's throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
+ Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions
+ Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Benefits – Benefits eligible employees (and qualifying dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company's 401(k) retirement plan and receive an employer match up to 50% on the first 7% of your contribution, with pre-tax and Roth options. Employees have access to flexible paid time off for vacations, sick and disability policy, additional 10 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's. In addition, we provide a generous parental leave benefit, back-up childcare or eldercare, and a variety of other perks to support the health and well-being of our employees.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.