Software Engineer II
Who we are:
EverTrue is the leading advancement software that supports fundraising efforts at educational institutions and non-profit organizations. EverTrue merged with ThankView in October 2021 in an effort led by Rubicon Technology Partners. We are a fun, smart, mission-driven team that is passionate about the work we do!
Our mission is to build relationships, inspire generosity, and improve lives. By connecting institutional data with dynamic insights from various integration partners, we provide education fundraising professionals with everything they need to engage alumni, raise support, and measure success. Today, hundreds of higher-education and K-12 institutions rely on EverTrue to better engage, identify, prioritize, and manage their fundraising prospects.
While we are a remote-first, U.S.-based company supporting employees in over 30 states with our team striving to share knowledge, celebrate accomplishments, think creatively, and have fun along the way, this position is eligible for employment in the following states: Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Texas.
At EverTrue, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job posting. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
EverTrue is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion to enhance employee engagement, client satisfaction, and external partnerships/relationships. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we will be together. Diversity is not something we do, it’s who we are.
Who you are:
- (Required) You have worked for at least 2 years in software development, having worked as part of a software development team
- (Required) You have at least 2 years of experience working with Python, Java, or Ruby in a professional environment
- Strong knowledge and development or scripting experience working with APIs, SDKs, and ETL processes.
- Experience with Blackbaud, Ellucian, and/or Salesforce CRMs is a plus.
- You are a highly motivated individual contributing to the success of EverTrue Product Engineering.
- You can create, collaborate, innovate and implement technical solutions with our platform team working from a Kanban development approach.
- You enjoy working with, learning, and leveraging new technologies.
- You have strong analytical skills and are a creative thinker, willing and able to come up with solutions to diverse and complex problems.
- You embrace our core values through being action oriented, kindly candid and humbly confident all while focusing on a positive customer experience.
- As an added bonus, you are excited about the Education/Non-Profit Sector and/or have experience with Advancement or Fundraising.
What you’ll do:
- Directly contribute to our software by writing high-quality code
- Collaborate with a team to design and build high-quality, scalable APIs that follow best practices
- Work closely with design to implement solutions that are easy to use, intuitive and meet accessibility standards
- Promote quality through regular code reviews and writing appropriate tests
- Help identify and overcome technical or product opportunities
- Build solutions that are high availability and performant
Why you’ll love to join our team:
- We offer competitive compensation, the range for this role is $115K - $125K, we also cover 80% of your healthcare premium, we’re a remote first environment with no plans to return to office, and our best happiness and well-being perks are valued at $25K.
- Take a True Adventure on us, after your first year we’ll give you $2,000 to go on vacation, and enjoy your True Birthday, where you’ll get your birthday off, and EverTrue will donate to a charity of your choice.
- Develop yourself with our True Growth perk which allows you a stipend to invest in yourself personally and professionally
- When it comes to work life balance, we offer discretionary time off, 12 holidays, 8 sick days, half-day summer Fridays, a recharge week at the end of the year, and monthly Flex Fridays
- We want to ensure that you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work.