As a Salesforce Developer working for ExploreLearning, you will play a critical role in the development, customization, and optimization of our Salesforce org. Solutions are created in a fast-paced and iterative development process. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and Product Development, to design and implement solutions to convert leads into new customers, to improve customer retention through increased renewals, and to deliver excellent customer service by using best practices and standard tools in the Salesforce ecosystem. Your technical expertise, problem-solving skills, and in-depth knowledge of Salesforce and related technologies will be essential in delivering scalable, reliable, and high-quality solutions.
- Develop, design, and implement complex Salesforce solutions using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Web Components, and other relevant programming languages to meet our unique business needs.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into scalable, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Customize Salesforce applications and functionalities to enhance performance, user experience, and overall system efficiency.
- Utilize Salesforce APIs and integrations to connect with external systems and data sources, ensuring seamless data flow and system interoperability.
- Responsible for any piece or the entirety of the software delivery lifecycle, including:
- gathering requirements, generating designs, providing estimates, coding, implementation, and unit testing.
- Develop systems which adhere to a high standard of quality and that are a direct result of your own testing. You should be able to handle assignments where no QA engineers are available.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements, provide technical guidance, and propose solutions that align with business goals and priorities.
- Document technical specifications, procedures, and system architecture to facilitate effective knowledge sharing and team collaboration.
- Work on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs, and deadlines. You are expected to progress on projects without much guidance from management.
- Keep informed of technical advances and make recommendations for their application.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- 3-5 years of Software Engineering experience.
- 3+ years of Salesforce Developer experience, demonstrating proficiency in Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning Web Components.
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce platform capabilities across Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Salesforce CPQ including configuration and administration
- Proven experience with Salesforce API (REST, SOAP, Bulk) integration with other systems
- Experience with Lightning App development and Lightning Component development (LWC, Aura)
- Knowledge of Salesforce development best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and analytical thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Salesforce certified, (especially CPQ)
- Database design and SQL.
- RESTful Web Service development
Why Work With Us?
In addition to competitive salaries and generous benefits, ExploreLearning offers an exciting and dynamic working environment in which creativity, teamwork and professional growth are valued and rewarded. Our award-winning online programs bring engaging and effective instructional strategies to K-12 classrooms around the world. Over the course of the last 20+ years, we’ve received numerous awards from some of the worlds most respected education organizations, and were recently named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia.
Our office is based in historic downtown Charlottesville, Virginia, located approximately 100 miles southwest of Washington, D.C., and consistently rated one of America’s best places to live. The area offers a wide variety of business, cultural, historical, educational and sport-related attractions.
To learn more about our organization and the exciting work we do, visit us online.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.