Senior Front End Engineer
An Introduction to Forage
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want to build a world where anyone, anywhere, anytime has the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge to meaningfully advance their careers for free.
Today, millions of early career candidates explore Forage virtual experience programs and job simulations to learn more about the unique and compelling work our customers have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. RedBull, Goldman Sachs, BCG, Lululemon, JPMorgan, Accenture and Electronic Arts) around the world showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce in ways no other company can.
This is an opportunity to work in a fast-growing mission-oriented start-up with a global presence backed by world-class investors including Lightspeed Ventures, Telstra Ventures, Y-Combinator, Blackbird, SemperVirens, Arizona State University and others.
We are looking for a senior front-end engineer to join our team to help build the next generation of our global web application. The ideal candidate is passionate about the user experience, strives for pixel-perfection and understands what “good looks like” when it comes to front-end architectures and best practices. This professional is an independent worker who will play a key role in continuing our strong relationship with Product and Design and is comfortable in mentoring other engineers in front-end best practices.
You will have plenty of interesting and exciting challenges as well as opportunities to contribute to our engineering roadmap. Furthermore, we value growth and will help you to progress on your chosen career path, whether that is as a technical lead or engineering manager.
- Work within the engineering team to scope, estimate, build and deploy product features that ship to a million and more users.
- Architect solutions with consideration to long-term impact and improvements.
- Collaborate with other engineers across our teams to deliver on the engineering roadmap, improve the quality of our code base, and establish good coding practices.
- Support and mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Contribute to a team culture of inclusion, collaboration, and psychological safety.
- You have extensive experience with TypeScript, React, Redux (or other state management)
- You have a deep understanding of engineering fundamentals, especially when it comes to building high scale web apps. You understand solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- You know how to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders, and you can communicate with them effectively
- You have experience writing performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing and you have experience mentoring others in what good looks like.
- Ideally you have experience in A/B testing and Experiment Driven Development
- You have experience and knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- You are knowledgeable about factors that influence front-end performance
- You are familiar with common patterns the front-end can communicate with the back-end
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a small but dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our team includes the following benefits:
- Equity compensation plan
- Home office setup stipend
- Access to office space in Sydney
- Flexible work schedule
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Access to an employee assistance program and a professional development fund
- 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver and 8 weeks of parental leave for the non-primary caregiver
- Full paid day off to celebrate a holiday of choice
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.
You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective and you like being creative. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!