School Librarian - Secondary School
We are looking for a dynamic individual to manage our school Library and who will be responsible for the effective and efficient running of the school library, introducing books and encouraging the enjoyment of reading. Where appropriate, you will supervise library assistants, students and volunteers.
- Assist students to find books appropriate to their reading level and interest and help students and staff source topic-related books for study.
- Responsible for arrangements for students to borrow library books, keeping records of books borrowed, following up on unreturned books.
- Develop reading lists for various age levels.
- Teach students about books, their treatment and the library layout.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to select and prepare annual library order including selection and renewal of subscriptions for periodicals. Place orders and process delivery of new books.
- Computer cataloguing of all books and produce catalogues of books held.
- Repair and withdraw old books.
- Where appropriate, find and encourage volunteer assistance and teach volunteers the procedures and processes of the library.
- Maintain, update and make available examination material (past papers, syllabus etc.) and college and careers material.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the library ensuring it is comfortable, well lit, attractive, organized, clearly signposted etc.
- Bachelors/master’s degree specializing in Library science.
- At least 2 years of solid and demonstrable experience in a school
- Experience in a IGCSE school curriculum would be ideal.
- UAE experience preferable but not compulsory
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career.
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and leadership team.
- A creative and enthusiastic approach
Excellent Communication Skills