Impact Analyst and Data Coach
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Our Mission and Values
Goalbook’s mission is to empower educators to transform instruction so that ALL students succeed. We were founded in 2011 and are currently a team of 70 people, most of whom are former public school teachers. We now partner with 700 school districts across 47 states, but we are just getting started! We aspire to build a diverse and inclusive company that can have a systemic and cultural impact on the US K-12 school system over the long term.
Our first core value is Relationships. We believe in the power of human connection and the importance of relationships across different strengths, backgrounds, personalities, and identities in order to achieve our shared goals and overall mission.
Our second core value is Growth. We strive to create a supportive environment so that people are continuously growing as professionals and increasing their impact. We also believe in having the time, space, and support to grow in our personal lives as well.
As a company, we have often sacrificed maximum growth in a deliberate effort to grow responsibly. We expect our team to fully embrace Goalbook’s Guiding Business Principle, which states that we strive to balance growth in three dimensions: revenue and profitability, impact toward our mission, and team experience.
Our Commitment to Research & Evaluation
In order to make progress towards our mission, we are compelled to not only ensure that our products are rooted in foundational, literature-based research, but also to identify Goalbook’s impact and efficacy. We are committed to deepening our understanding of Goalbook’s impact on educator practice and student outcomes across different learning contexts and domains. One of Goalbook’s business differentiators is this commitment to ongoing research and evaluation aligned to ESSA Evidence Tiers and What Works Clearinghouse (WWC).
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a skilled data coach/instructional coach with minimally 5 years of professional teaching/education experience.
In this role, you will collaborate with the Research and Evaluation Team Lead on Goalbook impact studies and build internal team capacity in interpreting data and communicating impact to school district partners.
As a Goalbook Impact & Program Evaluator, you have the keen ability to visualize data in a clear and meaningful way and tell a compelling “story” that brings to life Goalbook’s impact on educator practice and/or student outcomes. You are proficient in data analysis, research evaluation methodologies, and integrate innovative data visualization practices to disseminate insights in digestible and actionable ways. This unique role requires innovation and creative skills, in addition to honed skills of an education/data coach. Regular travel is required.
Build internal team capacity to understand and communicate Goalbook’s impact to external partners
- Develop learning opportunities to increase Goalbook team member capacity in analyzing and interpreting impact data from a variety of sources and communicating an overarching story of impact.
- Provide training to Goalbook team members to increase individual skill, confidence, and capacity in effectively designing and conducting partner-specific Goalbook impact studies.
- Provide technical support on evidence-based resources/tools.
- Develop processes and procedures related to research/evaluation.
Collaborate with Research and Evaluation Team Lead to conduct and communicate Goalbook impact
- Manage and coordinate existing survey instruments.
- Collaborate on development of written summaries and presentation materials on Goalbook efficacy/impact studies.
- Perform project management for designated projects.
Manage Goalbook University Partnership Program
- Support existing University Partner Program participants to optimize engagement.
- Build relationships with new University partners and expand services offered.
- Evaluate and report on program outcomes.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledgeable in current special education research with a proven track-record in making research actionable within educator practice.
- 2+ years experience as a data coach and/or instructional coach
- 2+ years experience creating and delivering successful professional learning for special educators, related service providers, and/or special education leaders
- 5+ years education/teaching experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of special education research-based best practices
- 75-110k compensation range, based on experience and location
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Safe Harbor 401k matching
- Flexible time off policy
- Goalbook Family and Medical Leave policy
- Goalbook Universal Basic Income
- A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
Please address your cover letter to Dr. Jo Ann Steinbauer and apply with your cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile, and how you heard about us. This position can be based remotely.
For the safety of our team members, Goalbook requires employees to test for COVID-19 to attend in-person team events.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse team that can understand and serve ALL students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
Learn more about working at Goalbook! Check out our teammates’ stories:
See more open positions at Goalbook
Something looks off?