Speech & Language Content Analyst
Marketing & Communications, IT
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Goalbook’s mission is to empower teachers to transform instruction so that ALL students can succeed. We partner with over 600 school districts across 47 states, working closely with leadership teams to improve instructional practice.
Our first core value is Relationships. We believe in the power of human connection and the importance of relationships across different strengths, backgrounds, personalities, and identities in order to achieve our shared goals and overall mission.
Our second core value is Growth. We strive to create a challenging and supportive environment so that people are continuously growing as professionals and increasing their impact. We also believe in having the time, space, and support to grow in our personal lives as well.
Who We’re Looking For
In this role, you will lead teams of contracted writers to create research-based, standards-aligned content that supports speech therapy instruction of students with disabilities. You will motivate your teams by communicating each project’s purpose and potential impact, and give crystal-clear, strategic feedback that drives the work forward. You’ll consistently keep your target audience front-of-mind when creating content, and carefully research best practice speech pathology strategies and methods. Additionally, you’ll track data on the content quality, production efficiency, and costs of your team’s production systems, and use that data to drive decision-making for the best possible outcomes.
The ideal candidate is a speech-language pathology expert, who is passionately committed to supporting positive outcomes for students, and has deep knowledge of the IEP process. Ideally, you’ll have experience working as an SLP with students with a variety of disability designations, in multiple settings. It’s also important that you are curious and driven to understand the ultimate purpose of each project, and can use that understanding to teach and motivate your team.
- Inspire and cultivate the culture of project-based contracted teams
- Lead multiple projects while ensuring content represents the latest academic research
- Gather internal data & metrics that drive strategic decisions
- Advocate for SLPs by effectively communicating content guidelines and expectations, and use quantitative data as evidence to determine whether or not the guidelines were met
- Design, implement, and lead production systems that create optimal outcomes related to efficiency, quality, and cost
- Communicate project objectives and outcomes to a variety of internal teams
- Execute administrative workflows related to hiring and payments
- Organize and maintain internal documentation systems and resources
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience as an SLP in a US K-12 public school
- 2+ years leadership or coaching experience
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- Experience using Google Suite (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Apps Script) for complex projects
- Experience using data to provide evidence of success/identify areas in need of improvement and drive decision-making; experience using data to drive decision-making
- Strategic decision maker who strives to understand the problem before executing a proposed solution
- Takes ownership of quality outcomes, even when project topic is outside of personal areas of expertise
- Self-directed learner who is not afraid to ask for help
- Constantly improving, critical of own work, and open to feedback via collaboration
- 70 - 90k base salary, based on location and experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Safe Harbor 401k matching
- Flexible time off policy
- Goalbook Family and Medical Leave
- Goalbook Universal Basic Income
- A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
Submit an application addressed to Blair Beuttler and provide your cover letter, resume, LinkedIn, and how you heard about the role. Applicants will not be considered without a cover letter. This position can be based remotely.
For the safety of our team members and partners, Goalbook has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse and passionate team that is ready to serve all students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
See more open positions at Goalbook
Something looks off?