Sales Engineer, Grammarly for Education
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Grammarly for Education Sales team. This person will support Account Executives on business opportunities with Educational institutions. They will participate in some of Grammarly for Education's largest deals and be central to building a successful end-to-end revenue machine in the education market.
As a Sales Engineer, you will:
- Support Account Executives in identifying prospects' needs.
- Prepare and deliver customized demos that showcase the impact of our product.
- Run successful POCs (proofs of concept) that lead to closed deals.
- Interface with Security teams to articulate our security posture and successfully complete security reviews.
- Work with IT and technical stakeholders to explain the technical capabilities of our product.
- Complete RFPs for competitive opportunities.
- Collaborate with peers to improve all processes within the Sales Engineering team.
- Work as a mentor/mentee with the rest of the Sales Engineering team to provide your unique perspective as you gain more experience working at Grammarly and with our customers in the Higher Education segment
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Relentlessly sets and pursues shortand long-term goals.
- Has experience selling to higher education.
- Is passionate about working with prospects and customers to deepen relationships, find solutions, and close deals.
- Is analytical and able to think through and position Grammarly’s product as a solution to our customers’ most critical problems.
- Enjoys working collaboratively—particularly with Sales, Product, Engineering, and Product Marketing teams.
- Works effectively with Security, IT, and related teams to ensure client confidence and solve specific client needs.
- Applies an understanding of SaaS business models to identify and shape solutions.
- Uses data to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Communicates effectively
- Is willing to travel ocassionally to visit prospective clients and attend industry events (20% travel).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected “On Target Earnings” (OTE) for this role by compensation zone are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
The commission portion for this role will be up to 30% of the On-Target Earning (OTE).
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.