Public Relations Specialist
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
As Public Relations Specialist, you will scale our public relations program to enhance the company's reputation further externally. Our ambitious company goals demand us to get bolder, faster, and deliver consistent results—and this role is pivotal in helping the entire team up-level to meet these demands. This is especially important as the complexity of our business increases.
With this role, we will continue elevating Grammarly's public relations prowess and opportunity, creating the airspace to deliver increasingly ambitious media relations strategies more consistently, resulting in fewer missed opportunities and greater brand exposure.
Within your first 30 days, you will:
- Explore the company's long-term vision, strategic objectives, and business goals in-depth.
- Familiarize yourself with Grammarly's past PR campaigns and learn Grammarly's current media relations plans and processes.
- Learn about Grammarly's content strategy and product roadmap.
- Begin building relationships with key team members and agency partners.
- Attend relevant meetings involving cross functional teams and pods.
- Familiarize yourself with our media monitoring platform (Muck Rack).
- Learn the process for updating Grammarly's press pag, inbox protocols and response matrix.
Within your first 60 days, you will:
- Assume ownership/support of day-to-day media relations including supporting existing PR plans, managing press inbox, and updating press page.
- Create a comprehensive PR calendar outlining key 2024 news beats, campaigns, events, and more.
- Begin relationship-building with key reporters.
- Build and maintain a quarterly storytelling calendar, including formalizing a process for ongoing team input and alignment.
- Clean up and reorganize the PR drive.
- Own and operationalize a monthly/quarterly/annual reporting and measurement cadence that docks into the broader B&C team cadence.
Within your first 90 days, you will:
- Assume role in several developed PR strategies and contribute to PR Rolling Annual Plan adjusting as needed.
- Take ownership of ongoing reporting, including holding stakeholders accountable to their various contributions against clear timelines.
- Evaluate the role of events/conferences/awards in building Grammarly Business reputation & create supporting plans accordingly.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 3 or 4 weeks per quarter.
- Demonstrates exemplary written communication and ability to clearly and effectively articulate ideas and feedback verbally.
- Has impeccable project management skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy including follow-through.
- Bring experience identifying relevant reporters and media outlets, crafting compelling outreach, and getting them to engage on topics strategically relevant to Grammarly beyond product and company news.
- Has experience developing and executing a media strategy including product launches, data stories, and thought leadership in a tech company or as part of an agency supporting tech clients.
- Has the ability to convey a brand’s story in words and images in a way that emotionally and psychologically connects with the target audience.
- Understands and stays up-to-date on the evolving media landscape and cultural zeitgeist.
- Has the ability to quickly learn and apply learnings to effectively navigate the dynamic and fast-paced environment of startup culture and the evolving media landscape.
- Brings a foundational understanding of and experience with notable tech industry media/events/conferences/awards.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.