AI Data Scientist
Software Engineering, Data Science
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science and Insights team at Greenlight. In this role you will be responsible for building AI/ML models that support both internal and external business use cases. This role will be working on applying Vector Embeddings and Large Language Models to solve Greenlight business challenges. As we look to build on this nascent and fast-growing technology you will have a unique opportunity to enable us to apply Generative AI in an ethical and exciting way to fulfill our mission of helping parents teach kids about the world of finance.
The Data Science and Insights team is focused on delivering cross-functional and deep insights to drive better business decisions and better customer experiences. This role will work closely with the ML Engineering team as well on the deployment and ongoing tuning of the models.
This role reports to the Director of Data Science and Insights.
- Working on the full lifecycle of AI model building from problem definition, data exploration, modeling, and deployment
- Applying internal data sources layered with open data sources to customize Generative AI experiences for internal and external use cases
- Building models that adequately balance solving the business problem while controlling operational costs
- Applying novel vector embedding techniques and Large Language models
- Work with ML Engineering team to ensure models deploy to production and monitor ongoing performance
- Pull, aggregate, and clean data from a variety of data sources to be used in modeling efforts
- Partner with product teams to understand model use cases and design experiments to measure the effectiveness of models built and find improvement opportunities
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Expertise in Data Science and Machine Learning
- Prior experience in Natural Language Processing techniques is also required
- Prior experience with building customer facing data science models is strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Large Language Models and Vector Embeddings as well as knowledge on how to apply techniques including Resource Augmented Generation and Fine-tuning
- Strong experience in languages such as Python, Spark
- Strong experience in data analysis and data retrieval
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with common Data Science models and packages
- Experience working on models at scale and balancing performance with computational resource constraints
- A passion for curiosity and continuous learning. Expectation is to maintain ongoing knowledge of the latest developments in the space
- Strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple initiatives
- Must be a team player, willing to help and be flexible
Not sure this one’s for you? Don’t count yourself out. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll reach out if there’s a great fit.
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.