Inside Sales Account Executive II
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Job Title: Inside Sales Account Executive Tier II
Who We Are
HMH is a learning technology company committed to delivering connected solutions that engage learners, empower educators, and improve student outcomes. As a leading provider of K–12 core curriculum, supplemental and intervention solutions and professional learning services, HMH partners with educators and school districts to uncover solutions that unlock students' potential and extend teachers' capabilities. HMH serves more than 50 million students and 4 million educators in 150 countries.
What you’ll do:
The Inside Sales Account Executive Tier II will partner with account administrators and teachers to provide solutions that accelerate student success. Territory management includes existing and new business opportunities.
- Act as a trusted advisor, leveraging internal resources for complex deal closure.
- Maintain precise SFDC data for territory management and accurate forecasting.
- Develop account plans using research and relationship-building for tailored solutions.
- Manage intricate deals, aligning decision-makers, products, and funding sources.
- Foster and maintain strong, long-term customer relationships to enhance satisfaction and retention.
- Continuously monitor industry trends, competitors, and market conditions for informed decision-making.
- Track and analyze sales performance using key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams to ensure seamless customer experiences.
- Stay up-to-date on product knowledge to effectively communicate value propositions.
- Participate in ongoing sales training and development programs.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and regular reports to management on territory performance.
- Gather and integrate customer feedback to inform product development and improvements.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales targets and revenue goals to contribute to organizational growth and profitability.
- Domestic travel up to 10%
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year sales and/or teaching experience
- K12 teaching experience preferred
- Experience in Consultive Selling & Process
- Complex Deal Management skills
- Strong system skills for online consultations and presenting solutions
Benefits and Salary Range
Salary Range - $50-53K + uncapped commission structure
The application window for this position is anticipated to close on 2/16/24. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The posting may be available past this date but is not guaranteed.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, ethnic/national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, citizenship status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. We actively participate in E-Verify.