Database Administrator (MySQL, Postgres)
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by over 14 million students worldwide, is currently looking for a self-motivated MySQL and/or Postgres Database Administrator to join our team. In this role, you’ll be working with our Systems and Database team to improve our existing database infrastructure. You will join a team focused on our database’s reliability and performance. The ideal candidate should love experimenting with new technologies, enjoy being part of a team, and be unintimidated by juggling multiple projects.
This is a full-time position with a hybrid schedule in our San Mateo, CA office. #li-hybrid #LI-JR1
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Administration of PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB databases throughout the development and production lifecycles
- Develop and maintain processes for optimizing database security and standards
- Manage backup, replication, and disaster recovery functions for the database environments
- Monitors performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases
- Assist development groups in optimizing SQL statements in applications, batch jobs, and reports and in designing and using databases and database applications and processes for maximum performance, security, reliability, and availability.
- Participate in capacity planning as it relates to production databases
- Cross-training in NoSQL database administration (Cassandra and MongoDB)
- Automate repeated database tasks
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- BS in Computer Science or IT related field
- 4+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years PostgreSQL Database Administrator (working with PostgreSQL v11.0 and above)
- In-depth knowledge of PostgreSQL Architecture
- Working knowledge of Patroni HA Cluster
- Working knowledge of Amazon RDS (Postgres, MySQL, and Aurora)
- Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- 3+ years of experience in any other database administration is a plus
- Strong communication and interaction skills
- Eagerness to learn
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $110,000 to $150,000 + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.