Sr. E-Commerce Manager
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
KiwiCo is an innovative e-commerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station. Currently, we work a hybrid schedule of Tuesday and Wednesday in-office and remote work the rest of the week.
You are an entrepreneurial, data-driven, and creative e-commerce leader with a track record of driving growth. You are one-part merchant with a great eye for product, one-part strategist fueled by data-driven insights and one-part marketer geared for growth. You have infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. You thrive in ambiguity, love a fast-paced environment, and have a strong desire to learn.
You will drive growth for the company by executing our Store and retail strategy and setting the merchandising agenda for the site and marketing team. You’ll be a key member of the Consumer Team and operate with a high level of ownership as you collaborate closely with cross-functional partners across Marketing, Sourcing, Product Development, Creative, Analytics, and Digital Product.
- Drive the success of KiwiCo’s Store and retail businesses: deliver a cohesive assortment, merchandising, and customer experience strategy.
- Set the merchandising agenda for the site and marketing: Manage the integrated marketing calendar. Coordinate the marketing and content teams around seasonal themes and assortments to drive sales and customer engagement. Identify featured products and big bets to rally around for each seasonal moment.
- Optimize the Store site experience: work with the digital product team to identify the biggest points of leverage in the prospect journey and test new ways to help customers find the best products for them.
- Lead the demand planning process for non-subscription products across our store and other wholesale/retail channels. Build monthly and annual sales forecasts that align with marketing and promotional plans, and partner with Sourcing and Finance teams to meet and maintain the inventory health of the assortment.
- Grow sales and engagement through site merchandising. Develop and execute a merchandising strategy that is aligned with the integrated marketing calendar, increases order conversions, and reinforces our value propositions.
- Partner with the Product Development team to intimately know our assortment, and understand key product features and competitive positioning. Identify trends and share product insights to help inform the product development pipeline.
- Own the product assortment in our store and across wholesale/retail channels. Ensure product pages are up to date, accurate, and showcasing the “whoa, awesome” aspects of the product.
- Evolve and grow our assortment across wholesale/retail channels strategically. Partner with Marketing to create a playbook to scale those channels systematically.
- Identify business opportunities and risks by analyzing and communicating sales performance.
- 6+ years of experience in retail e-commerce, preferably at a DTC or subscription business.
- 2+ years of experience in demand planning, merchandise planning, or site merchandising.
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred.
- You have a passion for merchandising, telling product stories, and keeping customers engaged through fresh and relevant assortments.
- You are an effective problem solver, with a hands-on “get things done” mentality.
- You bring effective project management skills, a high degree of organization, and the ability to multitask.
- You have excellent quantitative and data analysis skills and look forward to diving into the data. Experience with Mixpanel, Looker, or Google Analytics is a plus.
- You have a broad operating range that allows you to see the big picture while operating in the details.
- You have excellent collaboration and communication skills that make you a natural leader across teams.
- You have an intense intellectual curiosity and are always learning.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and enjoy creating structure and process in otherwise unstructured environments.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
For the health and safety of our employees, proof of Covid -19 vaccination will be required for all employees who will be at KiwiCo Mountain View. KiwiCo will make reasonable accommodations to this policy for sincerely held religious beliefs and medical reasons on a case-by-case basis. This will not impact the consideration of your candidacy.