Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer to join our PowerUp Engineering Team. PowerUp is an adaptive reading intervention application designed for adolescents reading below grade level. Our challenge is to create a learning experience that can meet the diverse needs of a wide range of students while maintaining high interest through motivational elements and content. This role will work closely with multiple internal stakeholders (i.e. fellow engineers, designers, and educators) to plan, scope and build out new features in PowerUp while also working to refine and iterate on existing features.
- Develop prototypes and new features while maintaining and enhancing existing implementations
- Deliver elegant, intuitive user interfaces with pixel perfect implementation
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable code that is well-tested and well-documented
- Troubleshoot complex, cross-platform issues
- Participate in code reviews to ensure coding standards and best practices are followed
- Work within a SAFe (Agile) environment to plan and manage tasks
- Share technical expertise with fellow team members and mentor junior level developers
- Keep up to date on existing and emerging technologies
- Contribute to the care and feeding of PowerUp.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Work across product teams to optimize sharing and collaboration.
- 5+ years of production-level software development experience
- Advanced knowledge of React Native and/or React.js, ReactXP experience is a plus
- Ability to apply expert styling practices in React, we use CSS-in-JS
- Extensive experience with Redux and middleware, we use Redux-observables
- Experience with Jest, React Testing Library, or other unit testing frameworks
- Experience with WCAG and Accessibility
- Experience working in an Agile or SAFe development environment
- Familiarity with a distributed source control system, such as Git
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
To learn more about our organization and the exciting work we do, visit https://www.lexialearning.com/
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.