Lead Relationship Manager - University Relations - Business Development - Washington D.C., USA
MPOWER’s borderless loans enable students from around the world to realize their full academic & career potential by attending top universities in the U.S and Canada.
As a mission-oriented FinTech / EdTech company, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We’re backed by over $150 million in equity capital from top global investors, which enables our fast-growth and provides our company with financial stability and a clear path to an IPO over the coming years.
Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, MPOWER’s mission of making this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think quickly, act autonomously, and constantly grow, creatively in an environment where fast change and exponential growth is the norm. ideation and implementation happens very quickly. We value feedback and emphasize personal and professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
MPOWER has been named one of the best fintechs to work for by American Banker for the past 5 years in a row.. We are honored to be nominated by multiple agencies and publications for our leadership in Tech, diversity and social impact. We pride ourselves on being a “growth company for grown-ups,” where there are no pool tables but rather great health, education, and maternity/paternity benefits instead. Our team diversity has been recognized as well; we’re one of the most diverse workforces in the world in terms of nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, and educational background.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION, BASED IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
Please note the job would require seasonal travel throughout the US and Canada.
You will manage MPOWER’s university relationships with a focus on Financial Aid, Admissions, and International Student Services to develop new or enhance existing relationships with schools in the MPOWER portfolio. You will be an evangelist for enabling international students to pursue their educational dreams through our recruitment and financing solutions, thus helping schools increase international enrollment and enhance campus diversity. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting and executing outreach campaigns, and marketing strategies to college and student populations who are pursuing an overseas education in Canada or the U.S.
- Travel to and exhibit at relevant university facing events/conferences to build brand awareness and relationships with university personnel
- Creating, organizing and hosting on-campus and virtual visits and online webinars to target students, provide information, and increase awareness of MPOWER’s financing solutions
- Expanding our pipeline of prospective international students looking for recruitment and financing services
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound and outbound efforts along with creating and managing the distribution of sales collateral
- Supporting the Marketing team with campaign management, web content, competitive assessments, and ad hoc projects
- Ensuring the success of every applicant by collaborating with internal teams in troubleshooting processing issues details or supporting delinquent borrower research as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a related sales/marketing role, preferably within the financial services or higher education industries, experience working directly with universities is a plus
- Highly developed client service and client satisfaction focus mindset, is a must
- Experience and ability to operate within a fast-paced, multi-disciplined virtual team
- Strong analytical skills and highly comfortable with a tech-enabled environment where the use of tools like Salesforce.com, Slack, or Confluence are the norm
- Superior communication, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must, as well as comfortable working with a global team across multiple-time zones and sites!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a fast growth environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Something looks off?