Quality Analyst - Underwriting - (5:00pm - 2:00am IST Shift) - Bangalore, India
MPOWER’s borderless loans enable students from around the world to realize their full academic & career potential by attending top universities in the U.S and Canada.
As a mission-oriented FinTech / EdTech company, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We’re backed by over $150 million in equity capital from top global investors, which enables our fast-growth and provides our company with financial stability and a clear path to an IPO over the coming years.
Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, MPOWER’s mission of making this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think quickly, act autonomously, and constantly grow, creatively in an environment where fast change and exponential growth is the norm. ideation and implementation happens very quickly. We value feedback and emphasize personal and professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
MPOWER has been named one of the best fintechs to work for by American Banker for the past 5 years in a row.. We are honored to be nominated by multiple agencies and publications for our leadership in Tech, diversity and social impact. We pride ourselves on being a “growth company for grown-ups,” where there are no pool tables but rather great health, education, and maternity/paternity benefits instead. Our team diversity has been recognized as well; we’re one of the most diverse workforces in the world in terms of nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, and educational background.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION, BASED IN OUR BANGALORE, INDIA OFFICE.
You will be responsible for ensuring adherence to internal policy and processes for all underwriting operations activities and delivering an exceptional experience for all applicants while holding each employee to the highest standards of quality by periodically reviewing application documentation, models, and procedures. You will help to coach underwriters by focusing on compliance/risk requirements, product knowledge, control integrity, test/audit findings, and adherence to internal processes. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and assessing the quality and integrity of loan files and determining accuracy of review outcomes
- Preparing quality reports and analyzing trends for presentation to senior leaders
- Supporting and coaching underwriters to improve and enhance process controls driving compliance, operational, and internal metrics
- Creating training materials and conducting training sessions focused on key topics
- Assisting in developing, creating, and implementing quality processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or higher
- 3+ years of experience in a training, quality assurance, or learning and development in a fast-paced, high-touch environment
- Prior experience working in operations, underwriting, or other consumer finance role
- Must have prior experience with quality assurance (QA) or quality control (QC), or training in highly regulated, target-driven environments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Analytically driven with an ability to interpret and derive insights from data
- Exceptional organizational skills, listening skills, and attention to detail
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must, as well as comfort working with a global team across multiple-time zones and sites!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a fast growth environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.