Senior Director - Engineering - Engineering - Bangalore, India
MPOWER’s borderless loans enable students from around the world to realize their full academic & career potential by attending top universities in the U.S and Canada.
As a mission-oriented FinTech / EdTech company, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We’re backed by over $150 million in equity capital from top global investors, which enables our fast-growth and provides our company with financial stability and a clear path to an IPO over the coming years.
Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, MPOWER’s mission of making this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think quickly, act autonomously, and constantly grow, creatively in an environment where fast change and exponential growth is the norm. ideation and implementation happens very quickly. We value feedback and emphasize personal and professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
MPOWER has been named one of the Best FinTechs to work for by American Banker for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. We pride ourselves in being a “growth company for grown-ups”, where there are no pool tables but there are great health, education, and maternity/paternity benefits instead. Our team diversity has been recognized as well; we’re one of the most diverse staff in the world in terms of nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, and educational backgrounds.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN BANGALORE, INDIA AND WILL REPORT DIRECTLY TO MPOWER’S GLOBAL HEAD OF ENGINEERING & ANALYTICS
As a Senior Director of Engineering, you will be driving growth and innovation at MPOWER and will have a significant impact on product delivery at MPOWER Financing. You will be leading a team of self-driven high performing engineers. You and your team will work with constant agility, collaborate with various teams and deliver the best products using the latest cutting edge technologies. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Defining, promoting and enforcing architecture frameworks, principles, standards and guidelines for the technology team.
- Working with cross-functional teams to translate customer feedback into Engineering.
- Developing and tracking key team KPIs to drive execution and identify opportunities for operational improvement.
- Collaborating closely with product and operations teams to continuously innovate on cutting edge technologies.
- Leading and mentoring a team of high performing engineers and helping them approach problems in a structured manner.
- Working in concert with engineering leadership to develop a culture of autonomy, ownership, and innovation across the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 10+ years of solid software development experience in an agile environment
- Exceptional leadership and execution skills with an eye towards automation
- 7+ years of management experience at a start-up (EdTec or FinTech is preferable) managing global, diverse group of high-functioning engineers in a hybrid environment
- Experience in building, scaling and optimizing a highly performing and scalable agile teams
- Strong technical architecture experience in cloud computing, microservices, dev/finOps is a must
- Good grasp of technologies like React, Node.js, Python, GoLang, AWS, SQL/NoSQL is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must, as well as comfortable working with a global team across multiple-time zones and sites!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a fast growth environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Something looks off?