Associate Director - Business Development - LATAM (8:00am - 5:00pm EST) - Mexico City, Mexico or Bogota / Medellin, Colombia
MPOWER’s borderless loans and scholarships enable students from around the world to realize their full academic and career potential by attending top universities in the U.S and Canada.
As a mission-oriented fintech/edtech company, we move extremely quickly and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We’re backed by over $150 million in equity capital from top global investors, which enables fast growth and provides our company with financial stability and a clear path to an IPO over the coming years.
Our global team is composed of former management consultants, financial service and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. We work hard, have fun, and believe strongly in our cause. For us, MPOWER’s mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think quickly, act autonomously, and constantly grow creatively in an environment where fast change and exponential growth are the norm. Ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We value feedback and emphasize personal and professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
MPOWER has been named one of the best fintechs to work for by American Banker for the past 5 years in a row.. We are honored to be nominated by multiple agencies and publications for our leadership in Tech, diversity and social impact. We pride ourselves on being a “growth company for grown-ups,” where there are no pool tables but rather great health, education, and maternity/paternity benefits instead. Our team diversity has been recognized as well; we’re one of the most diverse workforces in the world in terms of nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, and educational background.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME CONTRACT POSITION BASED IN MEXICO CITY, MEXICO, OR BOGOTA / MEDELLIN, COLOMBIA
You will be responsible for developing and managing the entire B2B business in LATAM for MPOWER. You will be the voice of MPOWER for our end customers and partners in Latin America. The ideal candidate will be an expert at cultivating and nurturing strategic relationships and generating revenue with partners in both the financial services and education industries. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying B2B opportunities by proactively reaching out to potential partners, student networks, universities, and/or prospective borrowers via phone, email, chat, social media with an objective to attract the right segment of consumers for our Student Loan product
- Prospecting and driving lead generation as well as application volume with a focus on lead quality and conversion
- Managing current accounts and ensuring satisfaction while onboarding new partners and ensuring effective pipeline management for the opportunities
- Ensuring that your regional goals are met and/or exceeded
- Managing a small team of account managers that are focused on growing sales volume with specific partners
- Overseeing the design, creation and distribution of promotional and marketing collateral, and media outreach, including social and online efforts
- Organizing and leading webinars, learning sessions, roundtables and other in-person or online forums/events to increase engagement and awareness with MPOWER’s target population
- Deriving insights using data for the partner channel, as well as closely tracking ROI on marketing initiatives and developing in-depth reports to support decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- 10+ years of demonstrated consultative selling skills in financial services or Edtech
- Track record of successfully managing B2B sales and delivering sales targets in the LATAM region
- Deep network in the education and financial services space that can be leveraged and can open up new partnership opportunities
- Good understanding of banking, lending, financial services or personal finance or ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with an ability to move between strategic thinking and details
- Superior communication, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Data and tech fluency including in SF, Tableau, and/ other CRMs
- An understanding of the LATAM’s student journey to higher education in the US/Canada
- Passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must, as well as comfort working with a global team across multiple time zones and locations!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a fast growth environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload, tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and applying the 80-20 rule for fast turnaround.