Senior UI UX Designer - Product - Bangalore, India
MPOWER’s borderless loans and scholarships enable students from around the world to realize their full academic and career potential by attending top universities in the U.S and Canada.
As a mission-orientedfintech/edtech company, we move extremely quickly and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We’re backed by over $150 million in equity capital from top global investors, which enables fast growth and provides our company with financial stability and a clear path to an IPO over the coming years.
Our global team is composed of former management consultants, financial service and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. We work hard, have fun, and believe strongly in our cause. For us, MPOWER’s mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think quickly, act autonomously, and constantly grow creatively in an environment where fast change and exponential growth are the norm. Ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We value feedback and emphasize personal and professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
MPOWER has been named one of the best fintechs to work for by American Banker for the past 5 years in a row.. We pride ourselves on being a “growth company for grown-ups,” where there are no pool tables but rather great health, education, and maternity/paternity benefits instead. Our team diversity has been recognized as well; we’re one of the most diverse workforces in the world in terms of nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, and educational background.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN BANGALORE, INDIA
As a UI UX lead on our Product team, you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities to create a first-class user experience across our products. The ideal candidate will be able to create aesthetically pleasing branding strategies that effectively reach our global customers and ensure that the end-to-end journey with our products meets desired outcomes. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product managers, stakeholders, and engineers to create user-centric UI/UX designs and illustrating those design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Collaborating with product owners and other stakeholders across the company for conceptualization and storyboarding, as well as planning and implementation while also coordinating with the teams at various project stages, ensuring seamless integration of design elements
- Overseeing all visual design phases from conceptualization to implementation and developing UI mockups and prototypes
- Creating original graphic designs, including images, sketches, and tables in alignment with the brand standards
- Bachelor's degree in the related field or higher
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the design industry and demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Prior experience in financial services is preferred
- Strong experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Proficiency in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, After effects visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems creatively and effectively
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images, ensuring a cohesive brand image.
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must, as well as comfort working with a global team across multiple time zones and locations!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a fast growth environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload, tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.