Senior Product Manager
Niche is the leader in school search. Our mission is to make researching and enrolling in schools easy, transparent, and free. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search tools, we help millions of people find the right school for them. We also help thousands of schools recruit more best-fit students, by highlighting what makes them great and making it easier to visit and apply.
Niche is all about finding where you belong, and that mission inspires how we operate every day. We want Niche to be a place where people truly enjoy working and can thrive professionally.
About The Role
We’re looking for a creative, experienced, and analytical Senior Product Manager to lead a product team focused on new feature development for Niche Direct Admissions, an innovative new program that allows students to be automatically accepted to college, no application needed. As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to lead high-visibility, strategic initiatives that directly impact the college acceptance process for millions of students. You’ll work closely with your product team, other Product Managers, and stakeholders across the business to own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key new features on web and our mobile App that will reduce friction in the college acceptance process and unlock new value for our users and for Niche.
What You Will Do
During the 1st Month:
- Familiarize yourself with the business and the Niche Direct Admissions program
- Familiarize yourself with your team’s focus area, goals, and product portfolio and develop an understanding of how your team’s work will fit in with the company strategy
- Attend product team meetings to begin to understand the product development cycle and build relationships with your team
- Start building relationships with other product managers and key cross-functional stakeholders and familiarize yourself with their teams’ strategies and focus areas
Within 3 Months:
- Assume the role of Product Owner on your product team; this includes communicating and gathering requirements from stakeholders, maintaining and prioritizing a product backlog, and running bi-weekly sprint planning meetings
- Work with key internal stakeholders and product development leadership to lead discovery and build out the roadmap for new product development
- Collaborate with other product managers, product designers, and user research to gain expertise in our users and ensure our work stays focused on our customers
Within 6 Months:
- Full ownership of your product team’s strategic focus; this includes research and development of new features/initiatives, understanding market trends, strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, and aligning priorities to product and business strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for monitoring your team’s key success metrics and turning data and user insights into actionable next steps
- Have an understanding of our platform and an ability to work and communicate effectively with developers on the team
- Collaborate with other product managers and product teams to ensure your team’s work is aligned with the product strategy of your pod (a group of teams focused on the same strategy)
Within 12 months:
- Influence priorities, strategy, and solutions at the pod level
- Proactively identify new opportunities to achieve pod and company level goals
- Seen as the go-to expert for your team’s focus area and a leader for the Direct Admissions program
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a product manager with steadily escalating responsibilities in an agile environment; experience working on a two-sided marketplace a big plus
- A track record of delivering measurable and meaningful customer and business value
- Experience managing a customer-facing mobile app
- Customer-first mindset with a great eye for design and demonstrable history of delivering high quality, delightful and innovative UX
- Highly analytical and familiar with Looker, Tableau and Google Analytics. Can get hands-on with data. Is comfortable conducting own analysis and partnering with dedicated analysts
- Deep experience with A/B testing; can use scientific method to make observations, form hypotheses, and design and measure experiments
- Excellent communicator across functions and at all levels of the organization. Excellent storyteller, able to leverage both qualitative and quantitative data and insights to bring to life problems, solutions, and opportunities.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but hesitant because your experience doesn't align 100% with the posted requirements? We believe you are more than a resume, so go for it! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to play a part in helping students find where they belong.
Our national target base salary range is $109,000-$136,000, plus participation in our Annual Bonus and Stock Option Program. Base compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills.
At Niche, our Total Rewards Philosophy is centered around creating a workplace environment that attracts, motivates, and retains top talent by providing a comprehensive and competitive rewards package. This philosophy is built on the principles of performance-based compensation, best-in-class benefits and work-life balance, and employee well-being.
- We are a fully flexible workforce empowering our employees to choose to work remotely, in our Pittsburgh office or whatever combination suits you
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation in a fast-growing company
- Best-in-class 100% paid employee health plan, including vision and dental and supplemental coverage
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Stipend that allows you to build your work from home office in a style and function that suits your personal preferences
- Parental leave for all employees (12 weeks fully paid) in addition to short term disability for birthing parents
- Meaningful 401(k) with employer match
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users
- You will join a team that cares about you, our mission, our work - and celebrates our wins together!
Niche will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future for this opening.
We are currently hiring in states where we currently have employees: AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, DC, WV.
Candidates only. No recruiters or agencies, please. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance.
Niche is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
All interviews are being held remotely. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.