Outschool has been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha. Outschool has also been one of BuiltIn’s Best Remote Places to Work for the last two years and has appeared on Y Combinator’s Top Companies list for the last three years.
We are an effective team of fully remote engineers distributed across the US and Canada. Our philosophy is to start small and then intentionally iterate to test our assumptions and learn quickly. We're iteratively building up a complex product for a highly engaged audience, getting a lot done by staying focused on the work that matters.
We believe that the future of education is hybrid - online and in person. We are looking for engineers at a variety of experience levels who are excited about inspiring children to learn by building tools that allow children to access a fundamentally different learning experience. We value hands-on experience most of all. If this opportunity sounds fun and interesting to you, feel free to apply!
- Collaborate with a team of Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, User Researchers, and Product Analysts in building high-quality products for parents, learners, educators and partners.
- Build and maintain software solutions on all levels of our stack from React+HTML+CSS to GraphQL+Node.js+SQL
- Engage with the team in gathering requirements, day-to-day activities such as daily standups, sprint planning, retros, deploying features in production and on-call
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years of industry experience working as an Engineer
- Experience working in modern front-end frameworks (e.g., React, Vue, etc.) and Node-based applications
- Experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience writing APIs with Typescript
- Track record of ownership of technical projects
- Willingness to mentor others in what you know
- Previous experience in startups, especially edtech
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with GraphQL
Outschool recruits across the US and Canada, and sets employee salaries to reflect local compensation and cost of living. For New York and California candidates, as well as candidates based in Seattle, WA the salary range for this role would be $160,000-$215,000.
For Washington candidates outside of Seattle, as well as Colorado candidates, the salary range for this role would be $144,000-$193,500.