Product & Growth | Entrepreneur in Residence
Who are We?
Core product team at PlayShifu, after building 100s of games and products for Gen Alpha, and engaging 2m kids worldwide, are now building Terra, THE world's first metaverse for Gen Alpha. A young startup (spawn out), Terra is being designed as an immersive 3D social, learning and gaming platform for children ages 7+, that also ensures their safety and privacy online. The mind-blowing universe of Terra will help children explore, learn, create, connect, and cultivate a healthy online lifestyle. Terra creator tools empower new generation creators (Gen Z, teachers, designers) to create immersive 3D content, right from their mobile devices! The team building Terra is relatively small, young but extremely passionate, talented and experienced in the full stack (product, tech and design)!
If you are passionate and excited about consumer products, global audience, extremely early stage startup hustle, building for the world from India, and being innovative from day 1, READ ON:
About the Role:
In its current 0 to 1 stage, Terra requires a constant iterative cycle with kids and creators. The ultimate objective is to reach viable virality (k-factor) to cross PMF stage, and then build scalable growth engine and teams to scale beyond.
This role is a high ownership role that cuts across Product and Go-to-Market (growth) verticals. You would be owning and driving product led and organic growth for Terra. A hands-on role to start with, you drive experimenting with multiple outreach channels to get product out in the hands of users and drive insights on level of engagement with the product. Then use those insights to create new hypotheses with the product team, and hence drive product iteration. And the cycle continues as we inch towards PMF. Post PMF, the role evolves into a Product Growth leadership role, involving building a team and driving them for scale.
We assure you of only one thing - an experience involving a game-changing (pun intended) brand and tech product with a value-driven mission to meaningfully connect millions of 'Alphanians' worldwide!
What You'll Do:
- Plan, strategize, and implement the go-to-market strategy for the 0-1 stage of the product
- Be a part of the early journey of product development, shaping up product features, basic feedback from
- the users and channels, and determining the product positioning
- Drive team towards the ultimate objective, strong PMF indicated via the k-factor
- Build and grow a community of kids and creators
- Conduct market research, analysis, and estimation
- Experiment and drive top-of-the-funnel awareness and improve user acquisition across new channels
- Be a part of user interviews, play-testing sessions with kids, and creator sessions
What You Bring to the Team:
- Passion and affinity for product, growth and go-to-market strategies
- 3+ years of experience in entrepreneurial, product or growth hacking roles
- Incessant energy and positive attitude, even in the wake of mini failures
- Self-driven approach, mindset to go and figure things out by trying
- Ability to understand the core user psychology, of what appeals to them
- Experience with marketing tools and channels is preferred (emails, SEO, PPC, social media)
What gives you an edge:
- Ability to get your hands dirty and step back to build & test hypothesis to drive goals
- Growth marketing experience in a consumer product startup
About Terra & What we offer:
- Terra (as a spin off entity) is a Seed stage startup, in its 0 to 1 journey. Pre-PMF. Raised ~$5m, with a runway of 2yrs
- Work with super passionate, skilled and second time successful founding team (35 members). Product - Product Directors, Product Managers. Design - Design Directors, Designers, Game designers, 3D content creators, UX designers, User researchers. Engineering - SDEs, Full stack engine developers, Game Developers
- High ownership, in impact and ESOPs
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge tech products
- Ownership / completely responsible for the core growth verticals and insights flowing to the product teams
- Working with a highly skilled, motivated, and passionate group of people
- A global audience to work with
- Competitive salary
- A fully stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, and more
Something looks off?