Director, Customer Support
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Customer Support works to create detailed, compassionate and quality customer interactions that allow customers to feel heard, understood and confident while on their journey to help their student love learning. We do this by working as a team to tackle whatever challenges may come our way on any given day, and by learning from each other and our interactions.
The Director, Customer Support is responsible for leading and managing the team that supports Prodigy's millions of students, teachers, and parents worldwide. You will build and execute a strategy for providing world-class support to our customers, while also being the voice of the customer internally - championing feedback and customer issues to the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop and execute the long-range vision and strategy for the Customer Support department and ensure alignment with overall business goals
- Provide quick and high quality resolutions to the ~300,000 customer inquiries we receive each year
- Be the voice of the customer within the organization, ensuring that their feedback is heard and integrated into our decision-making processes
- Build relationships with other departments and raise any points of friction or confusion for our customers, striving for an ever-improving customer experience
- Oversee and optimize customer support KPIs and workflows to improve efficiency and elevate team performance, including leveraging self-service and automation
- Drive initiatives to improve team effectiveness, productivity, and engagement
- Establish and maintain quality assurance processes to ensure a consistent and high-quality service delivery
- Manage the department budget, ensuring resources are allocated effectively to meet business objectives
- Develop initiatives to enhance customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention
- Foster a collaborative and positive environment that encourages teamwork and innovation
- Demonstrated capability in managing high volume support operations with a focus on maintaining critical metrics such as response times, customer satisfaction, quality scores, NPS, AHT, and SL.
- Experience with Zendesk and other customer support automation and efficiency tools
- Skilled at developing and guiding customer support teams towards consistently delivering exceptional results
- Experience successfully owning and delivering business outcomes and OKRs
- Excellence in fostering cross functional relationships and presenting customer feedback to internal teams, including product, engineering, and marketing
- Demonstrated capability in driving ongoing efficiencies within the team
- A strong alignment with our company values and core competencies, recognizing their pivotal role in guiding our customer support approach.
- Experience in developing or managing products designed for underage students, with a strong understanding of privacy considerations
- Experience in a multi-product organization
Working At Prodigy
- Be part of a mission-driven organization dedicated to helping every student in the world love learning! At Prodigy Education, your work positively impacts the lives of millions of students and teachers worldwide.
- Join a company which empowers a Growth Mindset among its team members, so you grow as we do. You’ll also work on award-winning products which harness the magic of math and power of language for students in grades 1st-8th.
- We understand that a thriving team is at the core of our success. So, on top of an inspirational mission and rewarding work, our Total Rewards Program reflects our commitment to your financial, physical, and mental well-being.
- It’s not just about the work though; it's about the culture. As the Toronto Star reports in a recent feature on Prodigy: "Prodigy’s secret sauce is that it sees its corporate culture as something that is built slowly from the ground up and is always evolving.” Check it out here.
Prodigy Math is used by almost one million teachers a year, and was named the most popular supplemental education platform in classrooms in the United States! Our products have also won numerous consumer awards, including the Mom’s Choice Award, Parent and Teacher Choice Awards, and National Parenting Product Award.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to meet your needs.