Senior UX Researcher
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Prodigy's design practice weaves marketing, product, and game efforts into coherent experiences that inspire students to love learning, infused with brand personality, deep customer understanding, and AAA-level craft. In the design practice we have 5 core values: Impact, Excellence, Curiosity, Empowerment, and Ingenuity.
As part of our effort to enhance our understanding of user needs as well as cultivate a culture of human-centered research across the organization, we are actively seeking a Senior UX Researcher.
A successful candidate will be able to define problems, select appropriate research methods, synthesize insights, and contribute to the development, evaluation, and release of projects. As a key member, you will provide support to multiple teams throughout the research process, emphasizing the importance of presenting research methods and results effectively. Join us in championing user-centric practices and contributing to the success of our projects.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to plan research so we can better understand our users and reveal new opportunities
- Guide research activities to define current customer pain points and map ideal future experiences
- Develop research strategies and manage/prioritize research backlogs based on current priorities
- Moderate workshops, in-person interviews, and remote sessions
- Act as a repository of research-based knowledge for the organization
- Facilitate research through collection, analysis and producing insights to lead the team towards user outcomes
- Help define product requirements and understand user workflows to assist design and product teams in iterating through product discovery
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and other design disciplines to plan, execute, and monitor the progress of projects
- Prepare recommendations and deliver presentations to influence company strategy and guide key stakeholders to better understand user needs
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related field
- Proven experience as a UX researcher, with a strong portfolio showcasing successful research initiatives
- Broad experience in conducting qualitative research with a clear understanding of various qualitative research methodologies
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present findings to diverse stakeholders
- Experience with usability testing, prototyping, and journey mapping
- Previous experience working in an agile development environment is a plus
- Passion for learning about people, their motivations, and their behaviours
- Ability to create, pitch, and execute generative and evaluative research approaches
- Skilled in utilizing design research methods, techniques, and tools with technical proficiency
- Experience conducting research with teachers
- Experience conducting remote research
- Experience in education and/or gaming industries
Working At Prodigy
- Be part of a mission-driven organization dedicated to helping every student in the world love learning! At Prodigy Education, your work positively impacts the lives of millions of students and teachers worldwide.
- Join a company which empowers a Growth Mindset among its team members, so you grow as we do. You’ll also work on award-winning products which harness the magic of math and power of language for students in grades 1st-8th.
- We understand that a thriving team is at the core of our success. So, on top of an inspirational mission and rewarding work, our Total Rewards Program reflects our commitment to your financial, physical, and mental well-being.
- It’s not just about the work though; it's about the culture. As the Toronto Star reports in a recent feature on Prodigy: "Prodigy’s secret sauce is that it sees its corporate culture as something that is built slowly from the ground up and is always evolving.” Check it out here.
- #LI-Remote, #LI-SM1
Prodigy Math is used by almost one million teachers a year, and was named the most popular supplemental education platform in classrooms in the United States! Our products have also won numerous consumer awards, including the Mom’s Choice Award, Parent and Teacher Choice Awards, and National Parenting Product Award.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to meet your needs.