Accounting & Finance
Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
We're on a mission to transform the way people learn and collaborate around the world. For over 25 years, we've been empowering educators, innovators, and business leaders with our award-winning interactive displays and software solutions that transform learning and workspaces into connected, creative environments.
Our company is rooted in our values, igniting a culture that fosters collaboration and innovation, as well as promoting an inclusive environment. As a global leader in edtech, we are also passionate about four key areas where we can make a difference: growing access to technology for underserved communities, encouraging our employees to take an active role in improving our world, promoting diversity and inclusion, and reducing our carbon footprint. Discover more about our corporate social responsibility initiatives.
As a member of #TeamPromethean, you'll have the opportunity to change lives with technology and directly impact education and the workplace for countless people every day. If you're passionate about education, collaboration, and making a positive global impact, we want to hear from you. Join us on our mission to transform the world, one student, one teacher, and one community at a time.
The Accounting Coordinator is a member of the US Accounting team, which includes participating in the normal monthly accounting close and focusing specifically on cash accounting (both cash inflows and cash outflows). In addition, this role will provide various support functions to both the US AR and US AP teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make bank deposits and post cash to customer accounts daily
- Reconcile AR/AP bank accounts to the GL daily, weekly and monthly
- Communicate with team members to answer questions/resolve cash-related issues as they arise
- Provide support for external audit requests
- Participate in monthly closing processes: prepare journal entries and perform account reconciliations
- Maintain AP/AR subledger reconciliations
- Assist with coding of AP/AR invoices
- Assist with processing manual AR invoices
- Submit refund request to AP, as needed
- Assist with maintaining resale exemption forms in US sales tax software
- Assist in ad hoc projects as needed to support the AP and AR teams
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of prior accountant experience
- A degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance desired
- Proven track record of success in posting cash payments to customer accounts
- Self-starter who can work independently with little or no supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job
- Ability to work with a global team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word preferred
Hourly Pay: $24.50 - $29.90 + Bonus Eligible
Promethean provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that offers the flexibility and security to thrive both inside and outside of work.
Our benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Spending Accounts (FSA and HSA)
· Disability Programs
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with Matching
· Generous PTO and Holidays
· Parental Leave Programs with Child Care Subsidy
· Paid Volunteer Time Off
· Well-Being Programs (For example, company-wide health challenges)
· And more!
Promethean is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. In addition, Promethean values privacy and the protection of personal information.