Sales Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
We're on a mission to transform the way people learn and collaborate around the world. For over 25 years, we've been empowering educators, innovators, and business leaders with our award-winning interactive displays and software solutions that transform learning and workspaces into connected, creative environments.
Our company is rooted in our values, igniting a culture that fosters collaboration and innovation, as well as promoting an inclusive environment. As a global leader in edtech, we are also passionate about four key areas where we can make a difference: growing access to technology for underserved communities, encouraging our employees to take an active role in improving our world, promoting diversity and inclusion, and reducing our carbon footprint. Discover more about our corporate social responsibility initiatives.
As a member of #TeamPromethean, you'll have the opportunity to change lives with technology and directly impact education and the workplace for countless people every day. If you're passionate about education, collaboration, and making a positive global impact, we want to hear from you. Join us on our mission to transform the world, one student, one teacher, and one community at a time.
The Sales Account Executive role is responsible for developing the company’s sales in the assigned territory (or with assigned customers or customer groups). This role will be responsible for territory planning, building and closing a pipeline of opportunities in the designated territory; the development and management of Promethean’s relationship with customers in the territory, ensuring that they are educated on the nature and benefits of Promethean’s offerings, and are enabled and motivated to buy (or promote) Promethean solutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a territory management plan and build a pipeline of opportunities in the territory
- Take responsibility as the primary Promethean point of contact for the relationship with your customers
- Develop business with new and existing clients and identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Develop, maintain, and grow sales prospects and new opportunities with new and current customers in the territory with the purpose of increasing revenue, margin, and market share
- Be able to articulate the Promethean value proposition and demonstrate the benefits of Promethean solutions either face to face or remotely or both
- Work together with the Marketing department on activities to drive revenue from your assigned territory
- Build and maintain strong long-lasting customer relationships
- Forecast and track key account metrics including pipeline management, pricing actions, demonstration activity, marketing activity, sales reporting, competitive activity etc
Skills and Experience:
- Degree level preferred but not essential
- 3 – 5 years of selling experience in either the education or technology markets
- Experience of selling through a distribution channel · Knowledge of the education market
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of salesforce.com CRM system
- Excellent communication skills and can work with resellers, educators, and decision-makers
- Travel is required
Salary Range - $83,000 - $101,000 Plus Commission Eligible
For business reasons, Promethean does not employ individuals who work remotely in San Francisco, San Jose or Oakland.
Promethean provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that offers the flexibility and security to thrive both inside and outside of work.
Our benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Spending Accounts (FSA and HSA)
· Disability Programs
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with Matching
· Generous PTO and Holidays
· Parental Leave Programs with Child Care Subsidy
· Paid Volunteer Time Off
· Well-Being Programs (For example, company-wide health challenges)
· And more!
Promethean is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. In addition, Promethean values privacy and the protection of personal information.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an accessibility request at any point during the hiring process.