District Manager - Channel Management
District Manager - Channel Management
JOB TITLE: District Manager
REPORTS TO: SR. Channel Engagement Manager
DEPARTMENT: Channel Management
LOCATION: Central U.S IA, IL, ND & SD
Test Center Administrators (TCAs) and Test Center Managers (TCMs) serve as the face of Prometric in test centers worldwide. They are professionals with a passion for superior customer service and supporting people taking life-changing exams. If you want to make a difference in people’s lives daily and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, read on, and click here to see the test-taker experience.
Prometric employs more than 2,000 TCAs worldwide. These individuals are respected for their ability to lead and control the computer-based test center environment. Supporting the TCAs, TCMs manage all aspects of the testing facilities, financial practices, personnel management and maintain set policies and guidelines to uphold the highest standard for exam integrity in the world at each test center – in addition to active proctoring of examinations.
While most Prometric test centers have on-site managers, some of the smaller test centers do not. The District Manager (DM) role will directly support a portfolio of regionalized test centers without an on-site manager. Your duties will be to serve as the direct line of leadership for these test centers, remotely and on-site at some cadence.
If you like to travel, meet new people, and make a positive impact on people’s lives every day, this could be the job for you!
- Supervise Test Center Administrators and the day-to-day running of the test center
- Effective management of test center staff including performance management and coaching
- Screen, interview, and hire new Test Center Administrators (TCAs) /Test Center Managers (TCMs)
- Train TCA’s using our Learning and Development tools to ensure that they are competent and certified to reach ‘Best In Class’ proctoring standards
- Support in the preparation of weekly staff schedules
- Work to ensure a safe and comfortable testing environment to foster a positive candidate testing experience
- Actively check in and proctor candidates as needed based on testing volume
- Frequent two-way communication with the team including TCMs/TCAs in other test centers and the broader test center management team
- Constantly review processes with a critical eye to foster continuous improvement and achieve better, faster, less expensive test delivery while never compromising quality
- Share your successes, disappointments, and learnings with the broader community; we are a team and can learn from each other. Need something? Ask…
- This position will require travel at least once a quarter to each of your assigned test centers—travel as a percentage of time expected to be up to 50%, sometimes with short notice.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma required, college degree a plus
- 2-3 years of customer service-related experience required
- 2-3 years of management or supervisory experience required
- General business acumen and understanding of operational metrics & financial performance with a focus on results
- Experience in interviewing, hiring, and onboarding new employees for various shifts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows-based computer programs and applications (including but not limited to MS Office, Outlook, Teams, and Explorer web browsing)
- Ability to enroll in and pass a background check for administering federal government client exams
- The DM position is fully remote, with no in-office requirement. Though travel to the test centers you support at some cadence each quarter is expected.
- Prometric is looking for candidates in (one position per district):
- The Northeast supports test centers in DE, MA, and ME.
- The Southeast supports test centers in AL, FL, LA, SC, and TN.
- The Central time zone supports test centers in IA, IL, ND, and SD.
- The Mountain time zone supports test centers in AZ, CO, NM, and WY.
- The West Coast to support test centers in CA and WA.
Prometric is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
- Pay Type Salary