Account Manager - Public Sector
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Public Sector team! This is an amazing opportunity to champion Clarivate’s entire product portfolio across the Academic & Government, Life Sciences & Healthcare, and Intellectual Property solutions. There will be a focus on new business and in helping our customers in US Federal agencies, NGOs, Non-profits, and research organizations accelerate their innovations!
If you are a consultative sales professional, with a comprehensive understanding of federal or state-level research agendas and have a good balance of account management and new business skills we would love to speak with you!
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment
It would be great if you also have . . .
- Experience selling Life Sciences and/or Healthcare solutions into Public Sector/Federal Government
- Residence in the Washington D.C. / National Capital Region - DMV
- Master’s Degree
What will you be doing in this role?
- Develop new revenue from portfolio to achieve/exceed territory revenue plan.
- Maintain existing subscriber base through timely and commercially sound renewals.
- To maintain customer satisfaction with all Clarivate services, manage site visits efficiently, manage time, cost and territory travelling to optimize pipeline development and proactively steering relationships towards partnership status.
- To prepare strategic account planning which includes an organization profile, an analysis of revenues, relationship profiles for contacts, SWOT analysis, use of services, strategy for growth objectives.
- To maintain and update sales progress reports on CRM (Salesforce.com) and other reporting mechanisms according to agreed time frames.
- To interact effectively with internal departments (especially Product Development, Sales Support and Marketing Department), to transform our value perception with various stakeholders at the account, to maximize sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new services and marketing/sales campaigns.
- To take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis.
About the Team
We approach our work with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and skill. Clarivate’s present growth provides for a variety of opportunities for personal achievement and career advancement in a fast paced and flexible hybrid environment.
Hours of Work
Continental U.S. Core business hours.
Clarivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorities/Women/Disabled