Senior Account Manager, LS & Health Care
If you’re ready for a great career opportunity, now is the time to join Clarivate. Asia-Pacific is one of the fastest-growing regions in Clarivate's Life Science & Healthcare division. The role of the Senior Account Manager for the Life Sciences and Healthcare sector in China is responsible for managing 30 of our strategic accounts – selling both subscription-based products and services focused largely on analytics, data and insights. If you have a proven track record of success in growing a book of business with the ability to sell consultative business solutions, we want to hear from you.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a growing region for Life Sciences and Healthcare. The team consists of 5 Account Managers reporting to the Commercial Manager, China. We offer excellent career development opportunities, and we would love to speak with you, if you enjoy expanding relationships to grow a portfolio of existing customers.
As part of the Life Sciences and Healthcare sales team; an understanding of the Drug Development Lifecycle and Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry is an advantage.
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a sales role in the Life Sciences sector, with a demonstrated track record in consultative sales
- Familiarity and comfort with consultative selling approaches involving senior stakeholders
- Build and develop a robust pipeline with a clear focus on increasing deal size and velocity
- Strong account management and planning skills
- Ability to develop an understanding of business challenges related to drug development
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate ROI to clients
- Language Proficiency - Fluent in both English & Mandarin, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to align resources and relationships outside of direct line of responsibility – orchestrate team to close the sale
- Can prioritize and be flexible in a changing environment
- Great organization and time management skills, knowledge of using Salesforce
- Desire to grow in your career and work in a fast-paced environment
- Partner with Marketing and Pre-sales to develop and execute sales campaigns and lead generation activities
- Pro-actively acquire and develop relevant market, industry and product knowledge and skills to support commercial success.
It would be great if you also had . . .
- Business intelligence or SAAS sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry/Life Sciences sector
- Experience of attending and exhibiting at industry events and conferences
- Experience working with end customers and local resellers & distributors
- Existing knowledge of Clarivate products/services and their competitors is a distinct advantage
What will you be doing in this role?
- Develop and execute a territory plan, as well as individual strategic account plans, focusing on retention and new business growth strategies
- Focus on client relationships to ensure retention of existing revenue, whilst widening the account footprint through new business opportunities
- Keep accurate records, manage pipeline and forecast on Salesforce
- Maintain a strong matrix of relationships at appropriate levels within the client organisations
- Present a consistent and professional image of Clarivate to clients, while building high levels of client satisfaction
- Achieve new business and renewal revenue goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Continually build life sciences industry knowledge to keep pace with trends
- Up to 60% travel required
About the Team
In the Life Sciences and Healthcare division, advancing innovation and accelerating patient outcomes is at the core of what we do. With our contextual intelligence: expertise, data and technology; we support pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device customers in their decision making. This role will report in to the Commercial Manager, China (Life Sciences & Healthcare), working as part of a team on Account Managers.
Hours of Work
Full-time, permanent – hybrid, 3 days per week in the Shanghai or Guangzhou office
At Clarivate, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons with respect to hiring, compensation, promotion, training, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. We comply with applicable laws and regulations governing non-discrimination in all locations.