Product Sales Manager
We are looking for a Product Sales Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for understanding the customer's business needs in detail and aligning their needs with appropriate solutions to proactively drive revenue growth and new sales opportunities. You will be focused on acquiring new business. You will work side-by-side with our RFP Specialists, Sales Engineers, and marketing teams, focusing on capturing new public library business within a multi-state territory selling Innovative’ s Library Management software solutions and premiere library platforms. This is a collaborative environment where teamwork and communication is highly valued. If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, then we would love to talk to you!
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree related to sales and/or marketing or equivalent work experience
- 5 years direct B2B sales experience or any related sales experience
- 5 years selling to public or government entities, or other similar industries
It would be great if you also had...
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Proven proficiency in planning and implementing successful sales strategies.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Develop a thorough knowledge of products, intended use, value proposition and competitive landscape of the public library market
- Manage a sizable geographic territory and build a robust pipeline
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
- Sell products by establishing contact, developing relationships, gaining a thorough understanding of a prospective client’s objectives, workflows and pain points, recommending solutions and identifying resulting business implications
- Gain access to key department executives and other decision makers
- Conduct presentations and software demonstrations to an audience of various business and departmental stakeholders
- Maintain and be accountable for an accurate sales forecast and rolling 12-month pipeline
- Participate and support the company’s presence at industry trade shows along with various company-sponsored events
- Act as the principal owner of new public library business proposal responses within the assigned territory.
About the Team
This team works in public library sales. They are selling Polaris and Vega Discover. On thit team, you will be one of three reps focused on New Logo business in North America.
Hours of Work
- Full time, permanent
- Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours may be required
- Up to 50% travel required
Clarivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorities/Women/Disabled