Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You will work on the Web of Science team. As a senior member of the team, this role will be tasked with working on an agile squad involved in writing new software, making modifications to existing software, or integrating software applications and modules. If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, then we would love to talk to you!
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree level in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline or relevant work experience
- 3 years of experience working with Java AND Web-specific development, Relational Database like MySQL, or Microservices development; including unit testing, code management tools, design tools and build tools
It would be great if you also had...
- Demonstrated ability with coding best practices
- Experience with the organization, planning and maintenance of large-scale code bases
- Good collaborative problem-solving capabilities
- Working knowledge of business application and software code base
- Working experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Java web framework such as Spring MVC
- Agile/Scrum Software development methodologies
- Configuration Management tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Maven experience
- Version Control: Git
- Eclipse IDE/IntelliJ
What will you be doing in this role?
- Work on an agile squad involved in implementing product requirements
- Being a full stack developer, the key responsibilities include:
- Understand technical requirements
- Provide inputs and estimating stories for features
- Interact with product managers and attending scrum
- Produce a solid software design
- Deliver high quality code supported by unit tests which integrates well with CI/CD builds
- Implement the design choices contributed by the architecture and design teams
- Provide technical advice to the project team both onshore and offshore
- Coach and assist junior developers in the team
- Work as part of team in delivering on the goals of the project and ultimately contributing code to the solution as required.
About the Team
Web of Science is a modern cloud application, much more agile, based on microservices and topped with Angular for frontend. You get the chance work with an agile squad but will also have the opportunity at times to work with other squads / development teams. The Web of Science platform is part of the scientific and academic solutions research / discovery and workflow solutions part of the company. We help to accelerate novel research of the highest quality.
Hours of Work
- Full time, permanent
- Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours may be required
- This is a hybrid position
Clarivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorities/Women/Disabled