Senior Product Sales Manager- Software Sales Executive
We are looking for a Senior Product Sales Manager to join our team. You will be expected to identify prospects, generate leads, make sales calls, and handle the sales cycle, proposal, and contract negotiation through deal closure. You will also be expected to meet sales goals established by their Sales Leader while delivering the highest standard of integrity, quality, and service to our clients. If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, then we would love to talk to you!
About You – education, experience, skills, and accomplishments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (field sales) experience
- 7 years of sales experience as an individual contributor in selling Software as a Service (SaaS) applications into a major vertical
- 7 years of experience working with Enterprise Sales methodologies Sandler, Challenger, SPIN, Solution, etc.
It would be great if you also had…
- Proven sales track record with deal sizes $25k-$250k
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Excellent negotiation, verbal, written communication and presentation skills, executive presence
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite (especially with PowerPoint)
- Experience selling SaaS solutions into Higher Education or Educational Technology environment
- Advanced degree in Library Science or related field
What will you be doing in this role?
Collaborate with Clarivate Academic and Government Account Managers on opportunities in territory to prospect/generate leads, qualify and scope opportunities, make sales presentations and close deals
Influence and motivate others in a matrixed sales organization (including indirect reports to the Product Sales Manager) to support and drive towards shared goals
Focus on new business as part of expanding the Ex Libris-core library software product portfolio and campus mobile engagement solutions within the territory and associated accounts
Lead RFP coordination and development as needed; collaborates with RFP, solutions consultant and product management teams to ensure alignment of solutions with prospect/client goals and objectives
Maintain awareness of all proposals and lead discussion with client as needed
Manage the overall health of the account; coordinating routine checkpoints, handling business reviews, participating in new product roadmap discussions, and engaging in client meetings
Foster client satisfaction and ensures that issues are resolved, working with colleagues in customer support and customer success as relevant.
Hours of Work
- Full time, permanent
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours. Some weekend attendance is required, typically for travel and industry/trade events
- Up to 50% travel required
Clarivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorities/Women/Disabled