Director, Consulting (Academic & Government)
`We are seeking an experienced Principal to grow our global Academic & Government consulting practice in the USA and Americas by bringing in business and overseeing the design, conduct and management of innovative quantitative analyses for program evaluation, research management and assessment. The position offers challenging hypothesis-driven projects for experts in the research lifecycle with a desire to become a leader in data-driven science management practices.
This role can be located near any of our US offices with preference to Alexandria VA
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a senior leader in government, industry or academic research-intensive organization
- Minimum 7 years of relevant consulting/advisory experience supporting clients within the academic and/or government space in the US.
- Experience working with government agencies or research funding agencies in evaluating or managing scientific portfolios
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
It would be great if you also have . . .
- Ph.D. degree
- Knowledge of science citation data such as Web of Science, bibliometric and scientometric methods and analysis
- Proven record in new business development
What will you be doing in this role?
- Driving business development/new business by leveraging your existing network, as well as Clarivate’s network, and engaging with C-suite executives and senior level managers at academic and research institutions, funders, and government agencies, and R&D firms.
- Consulting with clients to define their needs and ensuring client satisfaction through delivery of quality services completed within the agreed upon timeframes
- Identifying appropriate data and methodologies to answer client questions, and interpreting results
- Leading the design and implementation of projects as a senior leader of a multidisciplinary analyst team
- Organizing teams to respond quickly to requests for proposals, developing project workplans, and budgets
- Communicating complex research findings and innovative methodologies clearly and effectively through written research reports, data visualizations, client or conference presentations and peer-reviewed journal publications
- Developing and overseeing project plans, schedules, and milestones, while adhering to standard processes and methodologies
- Managing both people and projects; project management skills and capabilities; and experience with managing and coaching direct reports
About the team:
We are trusted experts in the Scientific Research Lifecycle who identify emerging trends as well as engage customers with solutions and depth of Web of Science understanding. Our A&G Consultancy team provides decision analytics and insights studies, as was as advisory workshops to leaders across the research lifecycle, expanding the value of Clarivate subscriptions and brand.
Clarivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorities/Women/Disabled