Customer Success Manager
We are looking for an energetic Customer Success Manager (CSM) to join our global Customer Success team! The main purpose of the CSM is to retain an assigned book of business associated with Ex Libris software under Clarivate, identify and mitigate risk, and support the growth of key customers. Working proactively with customers, you will help drive value derived from the library software solutions by supporting their desired business outcomes.
You will add value and build trusting, lasting relationships by applying industry and product knowledge, relevant experience, and a deep understanding of your customers. Utilizing your strong attention to detail, you will identify early indicators of account risk, proactively mitigating and escalating to leadership when necessary. If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, then we would love to talk to you!
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Bachelor’s Degree required; or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of Customer Success, Account Management or similar experience managing customer relationships
It would be great if you also had…
- Technical experience with library software solutions from Ex Libris, such as, Alma, PrimoVE or Leganto or similar library solution(s)
- A background in academic libraries, government, or higher education
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of an organization and secure delivery of commitments.
- Experience using a Customer Success software platform (Salesforce.com, Gainsight, etc.)
- Ability to define and establish goals based on customer needs and our business capabilities and execute a well-defined customer success and engagement plan
- Ability to pick up insights within customer conversations and connect them to goals, customer success criteria, products or services defined in the role
What will you be doing in this role?...
- Become a trusted advocate/advisor to customers: gain insight, offer recommendations, and provide the support needed to attain stated outcomes
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience: ensure customers are deriving value from Ex Libris (part of Clarivate) products and services; work with colleagues across the organization to ensure swift issue resolution
- Oversee customer training & implement customer adoption strategies to maximize usage, satisfaction, and ROI
- Drive growth: secure the existing business and identify expansion opportunities across the range of products and services offered by Clarivate
- Provide high-level governance and operational oversight: establish and maintain effective internal working relationships by coordinating with geographically distributed virtual matrix teams across multiple business verticals and functions, including Sales, Finance, Product Management, Product Marketing, Software Support, Professional Services, and Customer Service; conduct internal reviews with relevant stakeholders to ensure continuous customer focus, commitment and engagement
- Deliver regular business reviews: collaborate with Sales and other internal partners to coordinate and deliver regular reviews of progress against documented goals, priorities, and success criteria to key customer operational contacts and decision-makers
- Support the Customer Success mission: assist Customer Success leadership by identifying, leading, and reporting on key initiatives to further the mission and expansion of Customer Success within Clarivate
- Partner and Mentor: support goal of best-in-class team by sharing knowledge in areas of expertise; provide input to leadership on areas of potential improvement
About the Team
Our A & G Customer Success team sits within the Revenue organization. Our team is comprised of colleagues across the Americas and the globe who are passionate about helping higher education institutions and libraries achieve their goals. What we do matters to librarians who need smoother paths to fulfil their missions to help students, faculty, and researchers think forward.
Hours of Work
- Full time, permanent
- Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours may be required
- Hybrid position (2-3 days a week in the office)
- Up to 10% travel is required
Clarivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorities/Women/Disabled