Patent Classification Specialist - Chemistry
We have an excellent opportunity for Science or Engineering graduates to embark on an exciting career in the fascinating world of Intellectual Property management! Are you fascinated by the world of inventions, ideas, and new technology and excited to learn something new every day? Would you like a career that is focused on always being at the foremost edge of human progress and developing knowledge? Would you like to satisfy your curiosity by actively keeping up with the latest research and thinking within your field of interest? If so, the exciting world of Intellectual Property could well be for you! The Patent Classification Specialist determines appropriate application classifications following the Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) system and the United States Patent Classification System (USPC) through technical knowledge, research, and automated tools.
About you – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
· Bachelors in Chemistry
· Completed at least one science/engineering-based internship
· At least 1-2 years of work experience performing research via work, internships, or volunteering
· Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
· Applicants must have resided in the U.S. for the past two consecutive years
It would be great if you also had…
· Previous experience with intellectual property (highly desirable)
· Ability to work independently, without excessive supervision on a computer workstation 7.5 hours per day
· The ability to use computer systems to perform research and classification operations
· Ability to work independently to meet defined production and quality standards
What will you be doing in this role?
· Mastering the patent classification process
· Assigning classifications in accordance with the Cooperative Patent Classification rules and definitions
· Classifying applications related to specific technologies
· Continually expanding knowledge and expertise into new technologies
· Working closely with others in a team environment
About the team
The Search and Analytics team provides a great opportunity for career growth with an excellent opportunity to start your Intellectual Property career. They provide extensive training and mentorship in a friendly, relaxed, and team-oriented environment with dynamic and engaged co-workers. The team has an independently driven workflow.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time permanent position.
This is a hybrid role working 2-3 days a week in one of our US Clarivate Offices (Philadelphia, Kansas City, Ann Arbor, Alexandria, Tempe)
Clarivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorities/Women/Disabled