Part Time After School Youth Leaders - Victoria TX
Right At School
Educators between 2:30 PM- 6:30 PM Monday-Friday
Great opportunity to work within the Victoria Independent School District for hands on experience in Childcare.
As an Educator with Right At School, you’ll have a positive impact on students, parents, and schools in your local community! Be a part of an organization that is changing the game in before and after school care!
We provide our team of educators with the best training and development in the after school child care profession! With our innovative online and in-person training, 99% of employees feel confident and effective just one month into their work. You will have access to our 300+ training modules in our online library, and pay increases based on your voluntary development.
As an After School Program Manager, you will:
- Partner with the Area Manager to deliver dynamic Right At School curriculum, support homework completion, lead fun fitness activities and guide children safely through all activities.
- Engage youth in academic and social enrichment activities that expand & enhance school day learning in a meaningful way. Some tasks associated with this role can be more physical in nature as you are interacting with children and they keep you on your toes.
- Be asked to kneel, run, to lift up to 25 lbs, and have a lot of fun while doing so.
- Actively partner and communicate effectively with parents in order to provide the best child care for their children.
- Model positive behaviors as you sit with children to help with learning, walk around to manage the classroom, and maintain safety and stay active throughout the day while leading activities.
- Organize program materials for lessons and activities, as well as document attendance, incidents, and other observations.
- Regularly check in with the your staff regarding personal and child performance
- To be eligible for this role you MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 year of direct experience working with elementary school-age children
- Must have at least 1 years of supervisory experience
- You have to be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma; High school equivalent; or High school certificate of coursework completion as defined in Texas Education
- Experience working with children AND/OR college credits in early childhood/elementary/related field Preferred not required
- Outstanding customer service and relationship building skills
- Individuals who work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills with a varied audience including children, parents, staff and school personnel
- Ability to meet state-specific requirements including; FA/CPR, Mandated Reporter, Cleared TB, Cleared Fingerprint/Background Check
- A genuine Love and Respect for ALL children
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community and positively impact families
- Provide meaningful fun and employ Disguised Learning
Here at Right At School, our commitment to equal opportunity runs deep. We really mean that. In order to achieve our goals, we need to work hard to create a diverse workforce so we can reach as many students, parents, and schools as possible. We embrace the uniqueness in everyone and we encourage each individual to be their true selves. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued here. We do not stand for discrimination or harassment of any kind. Come as you are