Part Time After School Site Program Manager (Denver)
Right At School
Inspire a Love of Learning | Support Schools | Give Parents Peace of Mind
Right At School has been providing safe, fun, and meaningful extended-day enrichment programs for more than a decade, and today we serve more than 35,000 students in 17 states across the country. Our after-school, before-school, and break camp programs give students a place to learn, play, grow, and most importantly—a place to be a kid!
Right At School’s mission is to inspire a love of learning, support schools, and give parents peace of mind. Our vision is to bring exceptional, affordable programs to as many students, families, and schools as possible. The core of everything we do is the team of amazing educators we have across the country, who bring their best to each program every day. So how do we build that team? We start with mission-driven people who want to help foster a love of learning while providing a safe environment for children to explore and grow.
Program Manager: $25-27.00 per hour (based on education and experience)
WHAT THIS ROLE ENTAILS:
- Deliver quality enrichment programs for children using our internally crafted Disguised Learning curriculum
- We are interviewing now for the 23-24 school year. This part-time after-school position will have an August start date.
- Develop and coach a team who are passionate about providing a safe, fun, engaging environment
- Work closely with principals and school staff to enhance the instructional experience
- Instill the Right At School footprint by participating in local community events (Back to School, Right Club gives back, Field Day, and more!)
- Manage and maintain safety standards including supervision and program paperwork
- Outstanding customer service and relationship-building skills
- Can work M-F after school shift 2 pm-6 pm (hours may vary slightly depending on location)
- One year supervisory experience required
- Strong classroom management skills with the ability to use and model appropriate positive discipline
- Works well in a team environment
- A passion and drive that inspires a love for learning & the ability to engage children in learning activities in a fun and interactive way
- Respect for and dedication to working with children
- Are you state required 21 years of age or older?
- ○ Documentation of one of the following educational requirements:
- ■ A 4 year degree with a major such as recreation, outdoor education, education with a specialty in art, elementary of early childhood education, or a subject in the human service field
- ■ 2 years of college training and 6 months of satisfactory and verifiable full time experience in the care and supervision of four or more children (since turning 18)
- ■ 3 years of satisfactory and verifiable full time or part time equivalent experience in the care and supervision of four or more children (since turning 18), plus 6 semester hours or 9 quarter hours of course work from a regionally accredited college or university OR 40 clock hours of training in course work applicable to school age children and department approved courses in injury prevention and playground safety for school age children (within the first 9 months of employment)
- REQUIRED: 3 years of direct experience working with children under 13 in a center based facility
- REQUIRED: 1 year of supervisory experience
- College coursework in early childhood education, child development, or a related field
- Ability to complete ALL STATE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
- Competitive compensation
- Commuter benefits, supplemental insurance (short-term disability, life insurance, etc.), based on eligibility
- Employee perks and discounts (hotels, car rentals, theme parks, sports events, shopping, etc)!
- 401k - Opportunity to contribute to your future
- Growth Opportunities! We invest in your growth and offer options geared toward several career paths.
- Continue your learning with access to our online training library with over 600 online courses and counting. Topics include leadership, child development, after-school programming, and more.
- It’s FUN! From day one, we take you through a guided training experience including online and in-person learning.
- Earn school-age professional development certificates while receiving transferable continuing education credits.
- You’re involved. Curate a hands-on experience for children that blends into the school fabric
Right At School is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.