Part Time Child Care Program Manager (Frederick, MD)
Right At School
Inspire a Love of Learning | Support Schools | Give Parents Peace of Mind
Right At School has been providing safe, fun, and meaningful extended day enrichment programs for more than a decade, and today we serve more than 35,000 students in 17 states across the country. Our after school, before school, and break camp programs give students a place to learn, play, grow, and most importantly—a place to be a kid!
Right At School’s mission is to inspire a love of learning, support schools, and give parents peace of mind. Our vision is to bring exceptional, affordable programs to as many students, families, and schools as possible. The core of everything we do is the team of amazing educators we have across the country, who bring their best to each program every day. So how do we build that team? We start with mission-driven people who want to help foster a love of learning while providing a safe environment for children to explore and grow.
WHAT THIS ROLE ENTAILS:
- Deliver quality enrichment programs for children using our internally crafted Disguised Learning curriculum
- Develop and coach a team who are passionate about providing a safe, fun, engaging environment
- Work closely with principals and school staff to enhance the instructional experience
- Instill the Right At School footprint by participating in local community events (Back to School, Right Club gives back, Field Day, and more!)
- Manage and maintain safety standards including supervision and program paperwork
THE RIGHT FIT FOR THIS ROLE:
- Prior experience supervising others
- High school diploma or GED completed
- Experience working with children and knowledge of unique and special needs
- Coursework or training in child development and/or related field
- Communication skills; oral, written, and visual with adults and children
- Ability to model professional standards when dealing with students, parents, staff, and community
- Familiarity with Google technology software or willingness to learn
- High school diploma, certificate of high school equivalency, or the successful completion of college courses for credit AND 6 semester, 90 clock hours or the equivalent of approved school-age coursework (45 hours child development and 45 hours curriculum planning), or Approved by the Maryland State Department of Education as a teacher or educational director for kindergarten or grades 1-8, or Hold a teaching certificate from the Maryland State Department of Education or by any state for kindergarten or grades 1-8 AND 400 hrs. or experience working under supervision with school- agers in a child care center, public or private school, or in a rec. and parks program or similar setting, or 1year caring for school-age children as a registered family child care provider, or If approved or certified to teach no experience is required
Benefits of being an Educator with Right at School:
- Competitive compensation
- Commuter benefits, supplemental insurance (short term disability, life insurance, etc.), based on eligibility
- 401k - Opportunity to contribute to your future
- Free before & after school childcare with Right At School while you work
- Employee perks and discounts (hotels, car rentals, theme parks, sports events, shopping, etc)!
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community and positively impact families
- Ongoing professional development with pay raise incentives
- Provide meaningful fun and employ disguised learning
- Flexible working hours aligned to school schedules
Right At School is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.