Strategic Investments Platform Manager
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Strada Education Foundation is a national nonprofit social impact organization that supports programs, policies, and organizations that strengthen connections between education and employment in the U.S., with a special focus on helping those who have faced the greatest challenges securing economic opportunity through postsecondary education or training (PSET). Our new strategic plan focuses on five strategic pillars: clear outcomes, quality coaching, affordable PSET, work-based learning, and employer alignment.
The Strategic Investments Platform Manager will be a key position in the Strategic Investments group. In this role, you will be a key player in post-investment value creation, responsible for supporting portfolio companies and fund manager relationships across Strada. Your initiatives will include developing a communications and events strategy, building a community experience for investees, and identifying opportunities to deliver on the promise of Strada as an impact investor of choice.
- Identify, lead and implement opportunities for Strada to provide value to companies, and for companies to provide insights back to Strada.
- Systematize the new investment onboarding process by working with leadership teams at our portfolio companies to identify strategic support areas and track progress throughout the year.
- Develop and lead communications strategy for internal and external audiences and Initiate in-person gatherings of portfolio company leadership, hosted in various locations throughout the year.
- Support the team with impact measurement of portfolio companies and initiatives to expand Strada's capabilities as an impact investor, including working with Strada's research team on measurement and evaluation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, 5- 7 years of experience with demonstrated skill proficiency, OR commensurate post-secondary education credential aligning with the needs for this position.
- Good communication skills including experience in email communications to generate engagement Experienced in project management and juggling multiple priorities with ease.
- Proactive and takes initiative - demonstrated resourcefulness in previous roles.
- Good at building internal/external stakeholder relationships and engaging with Strada leadership to leverage organization assets, promoting investees both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to strategize, develop and formalize processes that are repeatable and reliable.
- Demonstrated passion about technology, startups, and scaling from ground zero.
- Team player with high EQ who enjoys working cross-functionally across investment and non-investment teams and takes initiative on new projects that enhance the portfolio.
- Experience with platform-related functions and comfort with executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Position requires the incumbent to travel domestically approximately 20% of time that includes overnight travel.
- Ability to work 2 days a week in office.
- Preferred Experience
- Knowledge of the startup ecosystem/impact investing is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working on program management (IRL & Virtual), network management, Business Development or partnerships at a startup/growth stage company or early-stage firm.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to Strada’s organizational vibrancy, employee experience, and mission. Strada is Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Workplace-certified by Diversity for Social Impact, a strategic professional and organization development company dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion to drive social impact worldwide. We strongly encourage applicants from people of color/the global majority, immigrant, bilingual, and bicultural individuals; people with disabilities, members of the LBGTQIA+ and gender nonconforming communities; and people with other diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We believe every member on the team enriches our workplace by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver critical insights and solutions.
See more open positions at RoadTripNation
Something looks off?